Stimulus Check Eligibility with H4 ITIN but child SSN

Naveen

Is there any process to correct the filing now
I have filed TAX without ssn of my wife,

Regards

Even I am in the same boat, filed with ITIN but spouse has SSN. Pls let me know if you anyone knows how to fix it.

We can get this fixed by sending letter to IRS or by doing tax amendment. But not sure whether that will help in getting stimulus package or not.

@Anil_Gupta Please direct us if you get information on this. It seems lot of folks having this issue.

Hi Guys,
just trying to understand if this combination is valid for Stimulus check ? Hearing multiple different responses on this post so not able to reach to a point, yes or no.

H1B (SSN)+ H4 Spouse (ITIN) + H4 Child (ITIN) + US Citizen Child (SSN) ?

Any thoughts will be appreciated .

Hi Anil

My situation is little different,
In my case H1b SSN + H4 EAD +Childs all SSN but at time of 2019 tax filing i.e in month of feb, we filed using ITIN but now in April spouse also have SSN, at the time of filing tax returns for 2019 her H4 EAD was in process so we need to use ITIN, so IRS not having her social so do we need to file amendment? to be eligible for stimulus check?
if we need to file amendment can we do online or by calling IRS or we need paper filing?

In my case, I filed 2018 tax returns with H1B SSN + H4 ITIN + Child SSN . Filed 2019 returns with H1 SSN + H4 (SSN)+ CHILD SSN 
 but i yet to receive Federal refund. Got state refund though. Am I eligible in the case for stimulus package ?
Thank you!

I think you are Abhijeet.
I read in apple news yesterday that we can claim for 2020 returns that includes new baby born.
Not sure if we get it until the sent us that time :slight_smile:

Same Case i filed 2018 with H1B SSN + H4 ITIN + Child SSN+Child ITIN .Last weekend i filed with SSN + H4 (SSN)+ CHILD SSN +Child ITIN.Not sure i will eb getting stimulus
Any one got stimulus based on this year filing status?

Looks like h1b ssn + h4 Itin + child ssn + child ssn is not eligible . I also ddin’t receive the amnt 
 Dont waste time on this 
 They told all tax payers 
 but we are excluded

@sam - I am also same as in the same boat.

Hi .
I have filed 2018 and did not file 2019 yet.
H1B SSN + H4 EAD SSN + child ITIN .
Am i eligible ?

Anyone with H1 SSN+H4 ITIN+ Child SSN, 2018/2019 taxes filed as “Married filing jointly with income >100K/year” - received stimulus check ?

I was hopeful and was following this thread. The final answer is No.

From the recently updated IRS FAQ.
"
Q14. I filed a joint return with my spouse. Will we receive a Payment if I have a valid SSN and my spouse has an IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)?

A14. No, when spouses file jointly, both spouses must have valid SSNs to receive a Payment with one exception. If either spouse is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces at any time during the taxable year, only one spouse needs to have a valid SSN.

If spouses file separately, the spouse who has an SSN may qualify for a Payment; the other spouse without a valid SSN will not qualify."

From the pattern I see here, the ones below 75k and spouse on ITIN got their checks because their salary meets the criteria as an individual (<75,000), but yet get the married filed jointly benefits.

For the ones above 100k, since their salary is above 75k (150k limit may not be considered since the spouse has a H4 ITIN) may not be eligible for the stimulus check. Just speculating though.

My status: H1B SSN + H4 Spouse ITIN (Married filed jointly), >100k - Check not received

After speaking to many people, i feel that even people with H1B SSN + H4 SSN have not received the check and their status shows as “payment status not available” if they had extra tax due in their last return.

This means that if there was no refund and they had to pay the extra tax, they have been excluded even though they are eligible as per income criteria this year.

2 Likes

H1B SSN + H4 Spouse ITIN with no child and gross income less than 75K.
Am I eligible to receive the stimulus check?

@prem.venud
what you planning to do and any expert advice on this?

I know people have received payments with this combination even though IRS officially says you are not eligible.

I suggest to check everyday on IRS get my payment page. Your profile might get picked up later in new batch that they process.

My case:Ssn + Ssn + itin(child)
Filed “married jointly” 2019 returns on April 01st
Irs deducted money owed on April 10th

April 24th :”Get my payment” started showing I am eligible and thereafter I put my bank details and taxes owed details as per 1040 doc

Now if I query by my Ssn or spouse ssn it show they have my bank details and once they have payment date ,they will do direct deposit

Thank you.please let me know if you have any further details.