Stimulus Check Eligibility with H4 ITIN but child SSN

Hi Anil,

I just read the article updated by you that will H1B workers get Stimulus Bill check.

My Wife is on H4 Visa and does not have SSN but ITIN.

I filed the Tax return (2019) Married filing Jointly and as below,

H1B SSN + H4 Spouse ITIN + Child ITIN + Child SSN.

Please let me know if I am eligible for Stimulus bill check.

Thank you.

As per my opinion, your case may not be eligible.

Hi Anil
What about
H1B SSN + H4 Spouse ITIN + Child SSN + Child SSN
filing jointly

as per the article you shared in earlier reply it says may be (so it is not clear?)

Its not clear because nobody has reported it directly to me yet that they have received payment with this combination.

Once somebody reports, i will update it and share.

Hi Anil,

My friend filed the Tax return (2019) Married filing Jointly and as below,

H1B SSN + H4 Spouse ITIN + Child ITIN + Child SSN.

He just called and confirmed that he got the Stimulus check $2900 today .

Thanks,
Ganesh

1 Like

Thanks for the information Ganesh. It’s helpful. This is the exact case I am in.
I was wondering since morning as I had SSN for my wife and missed it in the filing to update it. I will wait and see.

You are Welcome Naveen. I am also awaiting for my Check, Hope will get it soon.

H1B SSN + H4 Spouse ITIN + Child SSN + Child SSN.

I’m also in same situation like you, missed in updating the SSN for spouse during tax filing. Waiting for my check.Hope all will go well.

Great and thanks for update.

guys anil is right, people who filed with ITIN are not eligible.please check below
https://www.path2usa.com/blog/h1-b-visa-holders-will-get-coronavirus-stimulus-checks-starting-next-week

Hi, could please tell me if i am qualified to get the stimulus check. H1b ssn + H4 ITIN + CHILD with SSN, tax filed married jointly, gross income 78000.

Hi @Abhay_Singh and @Sathya_Chotu

Not sure if you guys are reading the updates or not. I have updated this page based on confirmed reports.

Im also in same case so far we dont have exact source for this mixed combination for the eligbility checks. But as per turbo tax experts i heard that H1b ssn + H4 ITIN + CHILD with SSN, tax filed married jointly will receive $1200 + $500. hope for the best, wait and see in next couple of weeks.

I checked and verified with some friends , some of them have received the Stimulus checks and some don’t.

1. Gross Income - 75 K
    H1B SSN + H4 Spouse ITIN + Child1 SSN (Married Filing Jointly)
    Check - $2900 Received

2. Gross Income - 72.5 K
    H1B SSN + H4 Spouse ITIN + Child1 ITIN + Child2 SSN (Married Filing Jointly)
    Check - $2900 Received

3. Gross Income - Above 100 K
    H1B SSN + H4 Spouse ITIN + Child1 ITIN + Child2 SSN (Married Filing Jointly)
    Check not yet received…

So, if the gross income above 100K, they need to wait for sometime it seems.

1 Like

wow thats great news… but you got to know these information from groups or from communities or you called them individual and checked…cos most of the groups even im also hearing the same news… not sure how much true in that until if we really know the person…if you have such any groups please let me know to get more details…
My case is as below
Gross Income less than 95k
H1B SSN + H4 Spouse ITIN + Child1 SSN+ Child2 SSN (Married Filing Jointly)
Check - $3400, but not yet Received

Hi Naveen and Sathya ,

I am also in same boat, filed tax return with ITIN though my wife has SSN. As per IRS filing tax returns with ITIN is not eligible for package. Did you explore any option to update SSN and get eligibility for package.

I called them individually and verified. They are my team mates in my company. So it is true.

Let’s wait and see in next couple of weeks. Fingers Crossed…

1 Like

As for the research I did we may not get it. Don’t feel disappointed guys. All of my friends with both couple having SSN received it. Also I saw in IRS website forwarded message that ITIN is not eligible and some vedios in YouTube too. Let’s not waste more time on this. :palms_up_together::blush:

Yes that is what I also understand. Not sure how few folks got it, may be they are too lucky.
how can we make spouse SSN useful in this scenario.

Yeah. We can only use it for next filing and don’t have an option to update now. I saw in irs website saying can go in person to IRS office and update or write some letter to them. Their local offices are closed now. Even if you do that I doubt we can get the payment.