Are H4 and EAD processed separately if applied together?

Hi Anil,

Is there any difference in processing of H4 extension and H4ead if both are applied differently. Both come separately ? How long it will take to get approval for both?

Both H4 and H4 EAD applications are processed separately.

You can check the current H4 processing time here and H4 EAD processing time here.

I have applied h4 extension and going to apply h4 ead as my husband got h1b approval in expedite. Will this expedite the ead approval process if I will go India in couple of month and will come back with stamping. Or it will take approx. same time? Or any negative things if I will go India in processing?

Thanks!
Shalini

Both will take same amount of time. There is nothing negative but do read about risks of travel while H4 EAD is pending.

Is this fine to go India with Pending H4 and H4 ead renewal process?

Hi @Sharahine

Please read my earlier response. It clearly tells the risks of travel.

Thanks Anil. The processing of Texas center is very slow as updated it’s 9.5 to 11.5 month. I have applied both h4 and h4 ead separately. Not sure what to do, if I will go India and come back with stamping … any thing wrong happen With application ,will I know as we reached or it will take time? And than we need to reply?

Hi @Sharahine

Nobody can guess how USCIS will react and what will they do.

Some people get approval even after traveling and some get RFE and i know some people who got denied too. Its your risk.

It would be good, come back from India and reapply for ead? And what happen to previous one if it’s come ?

Hi @Sharahine

I would appreciate if you can read the linked article that i shared earlier as it has answers to all the questions that you are asking.

Hi Anil,

I just saw the processing time for Texas and California has increased for 9-12 month for H4 and H 4 ead. Is this fix time line at USCIS or it will be different for every month. One more thing I would like to ask what is average time for H4 at Texas center and h4 ead at California.

Thanks!

Shalini

The processing time changes every month but not drastically. It increases gradually and decreases gradually too. So, do not expect much difference next month or so.

The time that you see on USCIS website is the average processing time.

Thanks Anil for information. its average time 9 month for H 4 and H 4 Ead at Texas and CA?

Hi Anil,

Hope u are doing good, I have a question regarding my h4 ead. I received status update for ref today. We are relocating on weekend. Is this better to ask for address change. Will this rfe delay the process ?

Hi Anil, thanks for your quick reply. Is this rfe will delay the ead approval.

RFEs do increase the processing time.

Hi Anil,

Hope u are doing well! I have received RFE for my H4 EAd. They are asking for evidence of my H 4 status. My H4 is still in process how should I defend it. Processing Centre is different for both.

Could you please give your suggestion.

Thanks!

Can you please share the screen shot ot exact content of RFE to help answer in a better way?

Didn’t you send the receipt copy of pending H4 extension earlier?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have submitted. Please review the attached and kindly give me suggestion.

Thanks!