What documents needed for H4 and H4 EAD extension?

Hi ,

I am about to file for H4 and H4 EAD extension, please share any link that has official list of documents to send.

Documents for H4 Ext will be:

I-539 form
I-94 copy of applicant
marriage cert.
spouse I-94
spouse I-797
two money orders $370, $85

Documents for H4 EAD will be:

I - 765 form
MO - $410
2 identical photos 2*2 inch
I - 94
passport bio page and visa page
marriage cert.
spouse I140
spouse recent I94 and I-797

I have above mentioned documents , do I need any other documents ? please do suggest and let me know.
Is it okay to clip H4 and H4 EAD docs separately in one package and send to respective lockbox?

Thanks!

Documents for H4 extension

Documents for H4 EAD - Sample form

Send H4 and H4 EAD documents together

I suggest to send both H4 extension and H4 EAD applications to the address for H4 application in same packet.

Just combine the H4 and H4 EAD documents by clips and keep in same packet.

Thanks!

The above link for H4 has i 539 & I 539A , do I need to send both of them ? why do I need I - 539A ?

i539A is required if you have a H4 dependent child. That’s given on the article for people who need it.

You can ignore it if you do not have a kid.

I just want to make sure about biometrics , I dont need to fill any form for it , right ?
MO of $85 is good enough ?

Thanks!

If you read the linked article about H4 extension biometric, it clearly says that there is no separate Biometric form to be filled.

But, you still pay the $85 biometric fees along with i539 application fees.

Hi Anil,

what is the latest H4 / H4 EAD with out filing H1 case you are tracking ? I did check the processing times 3 - 5 months, and there are so many cases the processes are more than 6 months with out rfe/any response etc… what is the reason ?

my biometrics were completed on may 20 but nothing updated from then, do you know how long it will take for my h4 and EAD to get approved ? I did not file with H1B .

Please let me know.
Thanks!

The H4 and H4 EAD will be processed in regular timelines as mentioned on our tracking pages.

https://www.am22tech.com/uscis/current-h4-processing-time/

https://www.am22tech.com/uscis/ead-processing-time/

Thanks Anil!

I have one more question, I can not work If I dont receive my EAD extension before expiry date, then what will happen to my employment ?

I will have to leave the company ?
If so can I re join the company after extension got approved (If they are OK with it)?
how does it work ?

Hi @h4user

You have to leave the company if your H4 EAD extension is not approved by the end date on your current H4 EAD card.

You can re-join the same company once your renewed H4 EAD card has arrived.

Will address change impact the process ?

You need to inform USCIS of your address change.

Got it , I will inform, but will that have any impact on the pending approval applications?

There is no adverse affect of address change on H4 and H4 EAD application. Only H1B is affected if you change your address.

1 Like