Surname is written in given name in passport

My surname is written in Given name, I need to split or separate my surname from my given name.
I asked embassy they asked me to bring a sworn affidavit in original from Judicial Court in India, and two newspaper clippings. how to get it done india if i am not there. whats the procedure

just last year i renewed my passport and didnt know i will be in such a big trouble that now i cannot apply for permanent residency until i do it.

You have to follow what Indian embassy has suggested.

You can run newspaper ads in India just by booking it from anywhere. For the affidavit, you may have to travel to India.