Skilled immigrant visa 189 when not working for last 2 years

Hi Anil,

I have a total of 8 years of experience in the software industry and I have not worked for the past 2+ years. Is it possible for me to apply 189 visa? My estimated points is 75. Thank you

Hi @Priya_R

You should recalculate points as the education and work experience assessment will deduct mandatory 2 years from your total work experience.

On top of that you have not worked for last 2 years. Your total relevant work experience may just be about 4 years to claim points.

If it brings your total point count to either 65 or 70, the chances of getting an invitation are extremely low.

Thank you Anil for your quick response!

Hi Anil,

I got a positive skills assessment from ACS and my number of years of work experience is between 3 and 5 years. Also, I have 79+ in all four skills from PTE. My total points is about 75 now. What are the states to which I can apply a 190 visa as a developer programmer 261312 provided that I have not worked for the last two years?

Also what are the prospects of me getting an invite? My spouse has a positive assessment and 65+ from PTE. What are the chances after November?

Really appreciate your time and effort in this matter.

Thank you,

Regards,

Priya R