Old H4 EAD application got approved next day after filing for new H4 EAD along with H1B transfer

I am on H1B and my spouse applied for H4 extension and H4 EAD in July 2021. 3 days back new employer B filed for H1B transfer. Along with this H1B transfer, employer B filed for H4 extension and H4 EAD new application. Just today, the old H4 EAD application status got changed to card being produced which indicates my spouse H4 EAD (old) is now approved and she would be receiving the card.
My questions are

1. Once we get the new H4 EAD application receipt number, can we ask USCIS not to process the H4 extension and H4 EAD?
  2. If it is not possible to withdraw the new H4 and H4 EAD applications, can my spouse start working on H4 EAD that she would be receiving. This is from the old H4 EAD application.

You can but then the expiry for H4/EAD will not match the expiry of your new H1B which creates extra overhead to keep a track and renew before they expire. I would not do it if I were you. You already paid for the applications to USCIS and they are not going to refund you back if you withdraw :slight_smile:

Yes, your spouse can use the EAD from old H4 and keep working as far as it is valid with a valid under lying H4 status.

Mai I know the location Where your employer filed H4 extension & H4 EAD in July 2021. Is it CSC or LIN or EAC or something else ? It seems they have processed very quickly H4 and H4 EAD . it’s a good sign. Appreciate your response

Thanks Kalpesh for the quick reply. Very helpful.