Interview Waiver Program eligibility

Hello Anil,
As I need to renew my visa, I have found that I am eligible for the IWP (Interview Waiver Program) as per the checklist given in the official website reference page (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp). My answer is “yes” all the questions.

But when I logged into my “ustraveldocs” account, instead of getting the checklist questions in order to qualify for IWP, I was asked different set of questions and eventually system directed me to schedule an appointment instead of getting a drop box option for submitting my documents.

That official website statement which does not have additional conditions says that “If you can answer “yes” to all of the following questions, you qualify for our Interview Waiver (No Appointment). You do not need to schedule an appointment at a Visa Application Center .

I have listed my answers for the actual system generated questions. Wondering why the check list questions were not generated by the system.

1. Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? → Yes
  2. Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”?–> No
  3. Was your most recent visa (in the same class for which you are applying) lost or stolen or cancelled? → No
  4. Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before? → Yes (one time visa was denied but no denial after my most recent visa issuance in 2018 )
  5. Did your most recent application for a H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) result in you being issued the visa? → No

Thanks.

I think the questions are same but just the wordings are different.

Thanks for your answer.
They are similar but not the same. For example the actual system generated question - Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before?
(–> Yes (one time visa was denied but no denial after my most recent visa issuance in 2018 I think answer “yes” to this question made me to schedule interview instead of interview waiver) has different meaning than the checklist question -
I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance. (I think this focus on the visa denial after the my most recent visa issuance not entire visa history.)

Yes, you are right.

I did not notice that difference earlier. Looks like the questions are different while booking the appointment than the questions mentioned on general FAQ page.

Good catch. Thanks for sharing. I will update our dropbox eligibility checker app.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Is 221g considered to be a visa denial for dropbox?