As I need to renew my visa, I have found that I am eligible for the IWP (Interview Waiver Program) as per the checklist given in the official website reference page (Apply for a U.S. Visa | Renew My Visa - India (English)). My answer is “yes” all the questions.
But when I logged into my “ustraveldocs” account, instead of getting the checklist questions in order to qualify for IWP, I was asked different set of questions and eventually system directed me to schedule an appointment instead of getting a drop box option for submitting my documents.
That official website statement which does not have additional conditions says that “If you can answer “yes” to all of the following questions, you qualify for our Interview Waiver (No Appointment). You do not need to schedule an appointment at a Visa Application Center .
I have listed my answers for the actual system generated questions. Wondering why the check list questions were not generated by the system.
- Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? --> Yes
- Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”?–> No
- Was your most recent visa (in the same class for which you are applying) lost or stolen or cancelled? --> No
- Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before? --> Yes (one time visa was denied but no denial after my most recent visa issuance in 2018 )
- Did your most recent application for a H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) result in you being issued the visa? --> No