After I-94 and H1B visa expiry which in my husband’s case was on May 2, 2019, he had applied for H1B extension for which we didn’t hear anything till 1st week of November.
My husband then applied in premium processing and within a week he got a denial notice, no reason given.
On Friday 15 November, he got an automated email stating his visa has been denied and today he received an official email from his employer that his visa extension has been denied and he needs to leave.
Can you please let us know by when at the max we need to leave? Also if you say 7-12 days, does that mean 7-12 business days ? We are clueless, please help!
And is there any way we can stay back ? He has got few people who are already looking into everything to hire him back and he also got offers from different clients who run consulting firms.
Can you please advise how much time (maximum date we have to depart ) and what all options we have.
Many thanks for getting back to me.
We are told the flights will be booked in a weeks time so most likely we will be heading out of USA next Thursday.
“ No issue if you mention the Truth in DS 160
It is okay to mention this Unlawful presence time as it is a genuine time spent wrapping up your stuff to leave USA. It will not affect your application”.
We are facing similar situation as per the above information, knowing our travel will be delayed by 12-13 calendar days after the denial notice was received. You suggest it will be okay as long as we can give them a valid justification as to why we were delayed ? This wont hamper our chances to return back to USA soon as possible in good faith ASAP … this is the only bit we worried about , we don’t wish to have any negative comments on us with uscis.
Also, I’m unclear about the 180 days unlawful presence bit, does this start when both the H1B visa as well as I-94 expired or does it start after the denial notice was issued.
Also, im a UK citizen on a dependent H4 visa, is there anyway I can change it to any other Legal visa and continue to stay in USA.
When you say “The unlawful presence starts immediately after the application is denied and not when you receive the notice.
So, you have probably already spent 10+ days on unlawful presence”
Is there any way to know from which date the unlawful presence started? My husband visa and I-94 expired in May when he applied for extension in March , he got an RFE and we were waiting on the outcome whilst submitting the necessary additional paperwork.
We only came to know on USCIS website on November 15 that his visa extension has been denied and this was than officially confirmed to him by his employers yesterday and thus counting from yesterday we are taking a week to pack and leave.
As per your quote you said we already spent over 10 days, i am confused as to from when to calculate unlawful presence in our case . Can you let me know the date and how much we exceeded please.
You are always our savior when in doubt.
My husband was on H1B visa with 1-140 approved in USA for last 10 years, his I-94 was expired and H1B extension was denied and we had to move back in November last year to India . His employer has once again filed a new H1B for him in India and he has his new visa approved recently but till December 2020. We were in the process of booking a slot for the interview with the embassy but the virus had halted our plans.
Any idea when the embassy is likely to conduct interviews and stamping would be done. With this virus uncertainty, is there any guidelines or travel restrictions for H1B/H4 visa holders, when it comes to entering and working in USA currently. Please let me know.
Once again forever grateful.
Im just confused since when I read your article, it says “ Earliest US Visa Appointment Date Available
The earliest available US visa appointment on usatraveldocs India website shows as Oct 1, 2020.”
Does this mean we can’t schedule and enter USA until October 2020? The issue here is the H1B visa is valid only until December 2020 and I’m expecting as well hence would like to travel at the earliest.
Any clue if this is possible ?
Me and my husband returned from USA to India in November 2019, since our H1B visa extension was denied.
My husbands employer applied for a new H1B visa at the start of this year and it got approved only till December 2020. Now, due to covid 19 situation, USCIS had been closed and we couldn’t schedule a visa appointment date.
Do you have any idea when USCIS would open and we could schedule an appointment. Also, if the visa is valid till December 2020, by when is the last date we are allowed to enter USA and file for extension.
Kindly let us know.
Further to our conversation , I wanted to check with you our situation…
We currently have booked an Appointment for visa stamping in Delhi for October , we are pending visa interview, my husband has got a new H1B visa (cap exempt) and both i797 and i140 approved. Will the new Trump travel ban affect us in any way ?
After our exit from USA to India in November 2019 due to H1B visa extension denial. My husbands employer had applied for a new H1B visa in India, at the start of this year and it had got approved in March but only till December 2020, the visa appointment had been pending and due to the covid situation and USCIS being closed, we were unable to schedule our visa appointment. Later in June, the Travel ban had been announced and we were left disappointed. Now, according to the new update on Wednesday, where it’s been stated that there has been some relaxations around H1B visa, we are a bit unsure if this applies to our case/ situation and would like to know that if my hubby attends the visa appointment , does he stand a chance of being approved in the current situation and will be able to enter USA, knowing his H1B is only valid till December 2020 ? or he should rather not attend the visa interview as the relaxations aren’t necessary for him and the chances of denial are there. He will be going back on the same visa and working for the same employer though.
Once he reaches USA, his employer will be filing his renewal after successful H1B approval.
I am in same boat. My h1b extension petition was rejected on july 13 2020 as per denial notice and i traveled back on july 20 2020 with 7 days over stay technically.
Now my new h1b petition is approved and while filling ds160 should i say YEs/No for overstay question.
Please share your experience with this question and outcome in interview.