H4 Extension for spouse and kid with USCIS offices closed

In present situation when USCIS offices are not allowing biometric appointments, what will the logical sequence of procedures/steps to be followed for applying H4 extension of spouse and child based on H1 extension receipt?

There is no other way than to file the application and wait for biometrics to resume.

The other option usually is to go out of US and get visa stamp but that’s also not possible during Coronavirus.

Thanks, International travel is not a good option in present scenario. So I need to paper file i539 (for myself) and i539A (for my child) and wait for biometric confirmation from USCIS? Will USCIS issue receipt number for me and my child’s case after they receive our couriered application?

Offcourse USCIS will issue a receipt.

Got it, thanks. So let me know if below steps sounds correct in present situation;

1. I can mail file i539 (for myself) and i539A (for my child)
  2. USCIS will issue receipt notice
  3. I will get not notice for biometric once it is resumed

Can I submit H4 EAD extension along-with H4 extension form or I need to wait for biometric to be completed?

That is very useful link. There is a scenario in my case, my I-94 expires earlier as per stamped visa expiry date but my child’s I-94 expires earlier that the stamped visa expiry date because of earlier passport expiry date. So can i file separate online I-539 for each of us Or I need to go for paper filling of I-539 (for myself) and I-539A (for my child)?

You can file separately too.

Thanks for confirming. I realized that filling separately will cost me double I-539 fees. So with different I94 expiry dates for spouse and child can I still paper file I-539(spouse) and I-539A(child) ? If yes then can you please answer below questions:

In Part 1 of both I539 and I539A what expiriation date to be given if the passport connected to I94 is cancelled and a new passport has been issued recently?

If I539 and I539A filling is based on H1B extension receipt of the spouse what needs to be mentioned in below sections:
Part 3. #1. What date should be mentioned
I believe in Part 3, #3.a I need to select “Yes filed and pending previously with USCIS” and mention
receipt number for pending H-1 extension in Part3,#3.b. Is that correct?
Part 3 4. First and last name of the Petitioner or Applicant should be Spouse name whose H1B is filed or the company name that is filling the H1B extension?
In Part 4 . “Physical address abroad”, shall we mention same address that was mentioned in previous extension filling and do we need to submit any address proof for it?
In Part 4, #14, if the answer is Yes as the applicant is working based on EAD, what do I need to mention in part 9 for “whether the employment was specifically authorized by USCIS”
For Form I539A, being submitted for 10 year old child but prepared and signed by the parent who is filling the main I-539, do I need mention the parent’s details in part 6 as ‘Person preparing this Application’?
Finally, can I pay the total fees-$540(370+85+85) by a personal check of the account of the spouse who is filling I539 for the single form filling of I539(Spouse) & I539A(Child) ?

Check this:

Thanks Anil, this is good. I went through it and found answers to some of my earlier queries, but couldn’t find answer to below questions;

If I539 and I539A filling is based on H1B extension receipt of the spouse what needs to be mentioned in below sections:

1. for Part 3. #1. What date should be mentioned for “I/We request that my/our current or requested status be extended until (mm/dd/yyyy)”
  2. for Part 3 #4. “First and last name of the Petitioner or Applicant” should be Spouse name whose H1B is filed or the company name that is filling the H1B extension?
  3. While filling details in part 9 for a response as ‘Yes’ to Part 4, #14, to address the question “whether the employment was specifically authorized by USCIS”
    can I write "Employment Authorization approved by USCIS with EA Card# ____ " ?

I am not sure as to why you have confusion. If you read the article, it has answers to your questions.

End date should match the H1B extension end date. You will find this on H1B i129 form that Employer has filed.

Petitioner/Applicant name is your own name.

Yes, Employment was authorized by USCIS.

Thanks for clarifying these questions. Since I am filling this extension based on my spouse H1B extension receipt, to the question in part 3 #3.a “Is this application based on a separate petition or application to give your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status?”

I selected “Yes, filed previously and pending with USCIS” Then it says give the receipt number and “First and Last Name of Petitioner or Applicant”. So here, what name to mention, company name/spouse name?

Because in my spouse H1B extension receipt, company name is mentioned in ‘Petitioner section’ and in ‘Beneficiary section’, A number and spouse name is given.

I again suggest to read the linked article carefully as ALL questions have been answered along with a sample values.

I cannot answer each and every question separately here due to lack of time.

No Problem Anil ,appreciate your timely response. I looked at the linked article( Sample i539 Form Extension, Documents (B1/B2, H4 COS) - USA) again and it covers scenario when H4 extension application is filed along-with H1B extension.

If I539 is being filled based on “H1B extension receipt(I797C) and pending approval” then it seems in Part 3, #3b , #4 & #5 might have to be filled from the information given in H1B-I797C receipt notice.

That scenarios is not mentioned in the liked article. Please let me know if I missing focusing on some part of the link.

If you have to fill the H1B application information, then you should use the H1B receipt number (the pending application) and the petition’s name (which would be H1B’s employer name).

Got it, thanks for the update. Since it is mentioned in I539 that the applicant is working on EAD with details given about salary, do we need to submit any recent salary slip of the I539 applicant?

Since I am filling H4 extn and EAD together, do I need to submit multiple copies of same document(like I94, H1B extension receipt, Marriage certificate etc.) one for each application I539 and I765?

Is there any link to get list of documents to be submitted for H4-EAD renewal?

Thanks. So I will have to create two packets:

Pack 1: Form I539 and I539A with below documents:
Latest I94(Both Parents and Child)
Copy of latest Visa and port of entry stamp on passport(Both Parents and Child)
Copy of Current Passport First and last pages( Both Parents and Child)
Copy of First and last pages of previous passports(I539 and I539A applicants)
Copy of Marriage certificate
Copy of Child Birth certificate
I797C of H1B spouse
A Personal Checks(amount $540)
Recent Pay-stub of I539 applicant

Pack 2: Form I765 and G1145 with below documents:
Copy of Current EAD (Front and back pages)
2 photographs of applicant
I140 approval copy of H1B spouse
Latest I797C of H1B spouse
Copy of Marriage certificate
and below documents of Both H4 and H1B holder;
Latest I94
Copy of latest Visa and port of entry stamp on passport
Passport First and last pages
Passport First and last pages of old passport of I765 applicant
A Personal Checks(amount $410)

I need to send these 2 packets to same location where I539 is being submitted. Let me know this will be fine.
Do I need to separate copies of common documents in both packets?

Hi Anil, do you know if H4 applicant are receiving bio-metric appointment letters for a rescheduled date after June 4th? I received receipt 30 days back but no bio-metric appointment letter yet.