H4 and EAD extension

Hello,
@Anil_Gupta I have a query regarding H4 and H4 EAD Extension. My spouse is planning to change his company this month and attorney is asking to file h1, h4 and ead concurrently. I have a travel plans in Nov this year. Is it possible to apply H4 and EAD extension seperately once I am back from India. And also I have previously approved EAD till 2024 Oct.

If you already have EAD, you dont need to apply again. Just apply for H4 extension of status along with the H1B transfer.

Thanks @Kalpesh_Dalwadi for replying. Just curious, as I have H4 & EAD valid till Oct 2024, and now my spouse is changing his company, I would be eligible to get h4 & ead extended till Aug 2025. But I have a travel plans out of US in coming days, is it possible to apply for H4 and ead seperately once I come back to US or will this extension needs to be filled concurrent ?

Yes you may apply at a later time separately using the primary H1B I-797 approval notice.

Thank you @Kalpesh_Dalwadi. So I do not have to wait to apply till (April 2024) 6 months before expiry. I can apply anytime once I am back from India based on H1B approval notice.

Regards
CU

To get the same end date as primary H1B, you must apply H4 extension of status along with H1B transfer, otherwise if applying standalone, you may only apply for extension within 6 months of expiry.

If you travel outside and meanwhile primary H1B transfer is approved, just use the copy of new H1B while entering the US and CBP will issue H4 I-94 till 2025 to match with H1B end date. This way you dont have to apply for H4 extension of status which saves you $$$.

You can apply for standalone EAD in 2024 before it expires and can get automatic extension till 2025.

Thank you so much @Kalpesh_Dalwadi