H1B transfer consulting company to full time direct client hire in 7th year

So this morning i got my previous H1B petition approved with my consulting company however my client offered me full time and filed a new H1B for full time position directly with them and it was received by USCIS on 6th JUNE 2018.

I already have i140 approved and this is my 7th year extension so my question is -

What if my full time H1B petition is denied?

What if my new H1B petition for full time position declines, can i still go back to the one which got approved with my existing employer (consulting company)?

What if both new H1B gets approved?

What if both gets approved. i have the option to pick and choose?

Can i withdraw the latest application received by USCIS and do H1B transfer?

Can i withdraw the latest application received by USCIS and do a h1b transfer of new approved h1b with consulting company to new company which is offering full time.

Hi @Amit_Pulani

What if my full time H1B petition is denied? - You can go back to consulting company

You can go back to work with your consulting company’s approved H1B Visa petition if they have NOT yet withdrawn it.

What if both new H1B gets approved? - You have a choice now

Yes, you can choose between either one to work for.

Can i withdraw the latest application received by USCIS and do H1B transfer?

You can certainly withdraw any USCIS application before it has reached a result.

But, remember that there is nothing like “H1B transfer” in real terms. Nothing gets transferred from one company to another when a new employer files your H1B petition.
We normally call it h1b-transfer for the sake of talking with easy term.

The application that your direct client has filed on June 6, 2018 is the same “H1B transfer” application that you are thinking of withdrawing and applying again :slight_smile:

Related:

Thanks for all the great info. Really appreciate it.

Hi Anil,

Thanks for all your assistance and guidance. Both of the H1B’s for existing contracting company and also the FTE company got approved. I can breathe a lil better till 2021 :slight_smile:

Hi @Amit_Pulani
Wow…that is awesome news. Congratulations!

One other person on TruVisa shared the news of their long pending petition approval today. Its been a great day today.

Thanks for sharing the outcome here. It will certainly help others visiting the forum.

Yes, Indeed a great news. I know the feeling when you are going through that uncertainty, not a great feeling but atleast i can share it here with you guys and get answers for some questions i have. Thanks Anil !!

You are welcome. I am glad it helped you.