H1B to H4 COS pending. Should I withdraw if I want to apply for H1B extension (Recapture)

Hi All

My current H1B and I-94 expires on Dec 12th 2020.

In August I have applied to H4 COS and H4 EAD which are still pending.

I recently got my PERM approved and I-140 is in premium processing as of 11/27/2020. My company is planning to recapture 30 days for my H1B or Apply for H1B extension if the I-140 gets approved in time. They are planning to do this before 12/12/2020/

Should I go ahead and withdraw my H4 COS and H4 EAD application to avoid having a pending H-1B extension and pending H-4/H-4 EAD

Should I leave both applications and still be able to continue working post 12/12/2020 ?

Its better to withdraw pending H4 COS application after you have got H1B approval.

Thanks Anil.

I received I-140 approval and H1B extension is filled too.

1 Like

I am also in the similar boat. My Current H1b will expire on 11/26/21. I have filed H1 to H4 COS effective from 11/5/21. Currently I got my perm approved on 10/25/21 and I-140 filed in premium. My question is if I get the approval before 11/26/21. Can i file for H1b extension while H1 to H4 COS is pending.

It would be very much appreciated if you please response.