Filing H4 extension separately -I539 - Part 3, q 3A

My H1B Extension is approved last month and i am filing H4 Extension & H4-EAD Extension for my wife now.

What should i answer for the below question?

In form I -539, part 3 (processing information), Question # 3.a.:

Is this application based on a separate petition or application to provide your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status?

1. Yes, filed with this form I-539
  2. Yes, filed previously and pending with USCIS
  3. No

You should leave 3a and 3b blank as you have already got the H1B Approval.

More information:

My H1B Extension is Pending and i am filing H4 Extension for my wife and Kid now.

What should I answer for the below question?

In form I -539, part 3 (processing information):

2.a. Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted to your spouse, child, or parent?
yes
No
3.a. Is this application based on a separate petition or application to provide your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status?
Yes, filed with this Form I-539.
No
Yes, filed previously and pending with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Reposting Again as its very urgent

My H1B Extension is Pending and i am filing H4 Extension for my wife and Kid now.

What should I answer for the below question?

In form I -539, part 3 (processing information):

2.a. Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted to your spouse, child, or parent?
yes
No
3.a. Is this application based on a separate petition or application to provide your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status?
Yes, filed with this Form I-539.
No
Yes, filed previously and pending with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Hi there,

Could you please help me by providing answer to the below question.

I have received H1-B extension I-129 receipt number, now I want to file h4 extension for my spouse and my kid. Where can I enter my H1-B receipt number in the I-539 form?

Appreciated your help in advance!!!

Thank you,
Manu

Hello,

As I am filing I 539 for my dependents but need small clarity on sections. As i have approved I 140 being a primary applicant and filed I 485 for myself and dependent and received the receipt number as well. But Now as my L1A Visa is getting expiry in few month so my company has filed extension only for myself not for dependents and i need to fill for my dependents. i need your expert advice.

Part 4. Additional Information About the Applicant (continued)

1. Are you, or any other individual included on the application, an applicant for an immigrant visa?
    A3 YES or NO

2. Has an immigrant petition EVER been filed for you or for any other individual included in this application?
    A4 YES or NO

3. Has Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Ever been filed by you or by any other individual included in this application ? YES or NO
    A5. As this is filed for my spouse and kid so answer should be Yes and I need to mentioned the Receipt numbers. Is that correct ?