Attestation of Power of attorney at Indian Consulate in Australia

Hi,

I’m an Indian Citizen living in Melbourne. I have to take power of attorney to buy a land and to apply loan from a bank (land and construction of house). Do i have to go for general POA or Specific POA?. can you please share the template.

I failry understood the process.

1. Print POA on plain paper
    2.Attest the POA and Passport copy by JP/Notary (i’m thinking go with JP)
    3.Send Original Passport, copy of passport, application and POA to VFS

Now i have a doubt with VFS appication and payment - how much and where i have to pay (it’s not clear on web site for miscellaneous services). can some one throw some light on application, payment, sending post and receiving the documents.
@gaurav.gupta @order_response

Thanks in Advance,
Vijay

@Abinesh_yuvi @Gagan1976 please share you views too

@Anil_Gupta please share your views too

@Vijay_Kumar

1. POA should be attested by Notary public not JP. JP attestation is not valid outside the country/state.

2. If you could get an appointment at VFS, you can make the payment there directly. If you planning to courier, then follow the steps in the Document attestation check list (download from the web).

@Abinesh_yuvi thanks for your response

Are you sure about the attestation part because in the all the vfs documents says JP attestation is fine. I’m Indian citizen.

Tomorrow I’m planning to attest so please confirm

Vijay

Yes, that is what my notary told me. JP’s attestation won’t be accepted outside the state (NSW, VIC).
You cam check with others who successfully processed their application with JP’s attestation or you can check with some Notary/ JP online.

Thank you @Abinesh_yuvi

As per all the information I had gathered, I did get my GPA attested from notary.
But when I visited vfs, the guy at vfs had advised me that JP will also be fine in case I need to get it done again in future(so for vfs JP is also fine but in India I am not sure JP or notary ).
And regarding the vfs charges, in melbourne normally they charge $70/page in case you want there signature on every page.
but in my case, I ONLY requested them to attest only first and last page so for that they charge around $75 and another $23 for courier.

If you are visiting vfs in person, they will ask you how many signatures you need and based on that they will charge you there only.
But if you are planning to send via post, then you should fill credit card consent form along with your application.
and once they start processing your application, they will call you to check how many pages you want to get attested and based in your answer they will tell you the charges on phone and deduct same from your bank account.

@gaurav.gupta how long it took for you to get attested copy… since VFS is not acccpeting in person i sent throught the post, it’s been 6 working days and so far no one contacted me. is there any way to track the status?

Vijay

It took 10 days to get a call from vfs and another 7-8 days to get back my documents delivered.

• If the applicant, for whatever reason, desires an additional attestation by the High Commission/Consulates, an undertaking letter would need to be given by the applicant that he/she is aware of the provisions of the Apostille Convention and that he/she would still like to have an additional attestation.

Hi do u have sample of “undertaking letter” as it required by indian embassy for foreign citizens. If u have can you please send me thanks

Hi Vijay,
I have the same doubt regarding JP/ notary . Did you go with JP/notary ?
Thanks.

I went with JP and I got the attestation from Indian consulate… So JP is good enough

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for explaining the process and time needed. It would be helpful if any of you can share a sample of SPA/GPA to sell property in India.

Create Indian Power Of Attorney Online for NRI Indian Embassy - use for bank loan, Property purchase in India.

Thankyou :slight_smile:

Hello Friends,

I live in Melbourne and I wanted to make a POA in name of my father to sell a property in India.
I had already got it notarized by a Notary Public here.

But I have 2 queries which if can be answered or advised by you, I would be highly obliged to you.

1. My Notary Public has signed on last page of POA as one of the two witnesses. Is this acceptable here as well as in India in general (I understand that for India, I need to confirm back there, but if you know based on your experience, please feel free to advise). When I queried the notary while signing, she confidently said that she knows what she is doing. My fear is that this might be acceptable in Australia, but may not be in India. Any light on this is appreciated.

2. Do I need to get it further attested by Indian Consulate using VFS service before sending back to India for final registration there? FYI, I hold the Indian Passport.
    Am asking this because I am told by my lawyer back in India that the current notarized POA in Australia can be registerted in India.

3. If have to get it attested by VFS Global, do we need to send attested passport copy also. I was not aware and didnt get it attested along with the POA. Do i need to get it attested now to send to VFS?

Thanking you in anticipation,

SUMEET

Hi Anil,

I got property papers and POA papers from india and I have Australian passport.please guide me through the process.

Do we have to get Apostille from DFAT?

Thanks

Hi Vijay, was that document accepted in India for your property?

Hi there, can anybody please share a sample POA when the applicant is an Australian citizen.

Thanks