Any possibility to file GC from India after primary H1B's death?

Hello, Our GC priority date is June 2012 and I 140 approved in March. 2015My husband passed away recently. After that the employer revoke my husbands H1B. Right now i am in India. My kids are US citizens. Is there possibility to file GC from India. Thank you

Hi @Swarna

Sorry to hear about your loss.

There are options to stay back in the US if you had not left it.

But, since you have already left the US, your options are very limited.

You should talk to an attorney and see what can be done. You may have to go through the process called i140 reaffirmation.

Otherwise, your US citizen kids can sponsor you in family based category once they turn 21.

I read this option in some attorney website . Once your priority date is current the option is to go through consular processing, which involves making an appointment with the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your home country. At that appointment, you will have your biometrics taken, you will submit a DS-260 application, and you will go through a one-on-one interview with a consular officer. After which, your passport will be taken and then mailed back to you with a green card inside. This option is available to all but mandatory for those that are not under a nonimmigrant visa status at the time of the approval of their petition.

Personally do not know much about this option. May be you can check about this with an immigration attorney

Thank you so much for your reply Mr. Anil…