What document is required for child custody proof for Australia Visa?

Hi Anil,

I received ITA and uploaded all required docs except for one section for my son “Custody, Evidence of” which doesn’t apply as it applies only when parents are separated and who owns the custody of son.

When I click next to pay, it gives me the message, "Not all required evidence has been provided. The department strongly recommends that all required evidence be provided before submitting to assist in processing the application. Explain why evidence cannot be provided at this time.

If the applicant chooses to exit the application without submitting and does not return to access the application within 30 days, all associated attachments will be deleted."

Should I mention “Not Applicable” and go with payment option?

You can fill and upload form 1229 for child custody proof. Do not submit without uploading this proof.

More information here about child custody:

I’m getting confused by reading your article on child custody. It says Form 1229 needs to be completed if child under age of 18 are not traveling with both parents or legal guardians. Please let me know if you think otherwise.

Here’s the excerpt from the link that you provided:
For Visa applications like 189 / 190, for each child under the age of 18 not traveling with both parents or legal guardians, one of the following must be provided:

A court order (or similar) stating you have sole custody of, or responsibility for the child, and the right to determine where the child should live.
A letter from each parent or legal guardian not included in the application, that gives permission for the child to be in Australia in your care. This letter should include a copy of the non-traveling parent or guardian’s personal particulars (biodata) page of their current passport.
A completed and signed Form 1229 5 Consent to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years.

If you do NOT have any other proof of child custody, then you CAN use form 1229 as one of the proof.

This form is otherwise only required in special cases as mentioned in the article.
Since, you do not have any other proof of custody, i recommended using form 1229.