Volunteer work on h4 visa without pay for non-profit company?

Hi Anil,

Thank you for the help to the community. I am on H4 in USA. I have below questions:

1. Can I do volunteer work to non-profits without any pay? I received an volunteer remote job (without pay/ 6 hours per week). I would like to help non-profit organizations. Can I work as a volunteer?

2. I have 5+years IT experience in India. If my employer accepts to continue working remotely (this will be temporary till I decide to stay here or go back to India), Can I work here remotely and receive salary in India (with Indian pay as usual to earlier job)

3. My husband PERM Ad run will be finishing on Friday (21st). How long we need to wait for filing PERM? (Is 30 days cooling of mandatory?)
    11/11 & 11/18 paper
    Date Job Order Created: 11/7
    Date Job Order Last Updated: 11/16
    Last Day Job Order Available Online: 12/21

4. I know this is not clear now but just wanted to know if there is any hope on H4 EAD removal (with ImmigrationVoice intervene)?

Thanking you in Advance.

H4 can work as Volunteer

Yes, you can work as a volunteer for a non-profit company without pay on H4. Make sure that you do hold a position that would otherwise be a paid position.

H4 work remotely for employer in India

Legally, when you are on US soil physically, you are governed by US immigration laws which says that you are NOT allowed to work irrespective of employer location in whole world.

Practically, it is difficult to find a connection between your H4 and work done in India remotely. Your choice prevails.

PERM cooling off period

Yes, a little cooling off period is good to have. This will be helpful in PERM audit, if your case is audited.
I am not sure of the exact number of days for cooling off period.

H4 EAD court case

There are many slips between the cup and the lips! Court cases run for long and immigrationVoice’s appeal is the only hope at this time. Hope for the best.