Use i797 instead of US visa for Indian PCC application?

(Anonymous) #1

Hi Anil,
For a valid US Visa, as our US visa is expired but we do have form I-797/ work authorization from US. Can we use that for US visa requirement. Generally, US visa will be renewed only when we leave US and re-enter to US.


(Anil Gupta) #2

Yes, you can use valid i797 as a proof of US legal status instead of US visa stamp.