USA Tax filing from India

(Teja) #1

I have recently (December 2018) moved to India as my H1 extension did not get thorough. I have to file my taxes for 2018. The question is

  1. Which address do I need to put in the application US or India?
    I came to know that if I use India’s address, I have to send the 1040R application through mail and will not qualify for standard deduction. Is this correct?
  2. Will it be a problem if I use US address? Will it cause any issues in the future when I’m back in US?

(Anil Gupta) #2

I am not sure about using the Indian or US address at this time.

You can use a CPA’s service to file US tax.

I think you can use your last US address to file your US tax this year. It should not cause any issue.

(Teja) #3

okay, thanks. If there’s no issue with using US address I will use that.

(Anil Gupta) #4

As per my opinion, there should be an issue. But, it would be better if you consult a tax expert.