US address proof for Indian passport - Document List

US address proof for Indian Passport renewal in USA

Any one of these Remark
Any utility bill (Electricity/ gas/ water/ landline telephone bill) Must NOT be older than 3 months
Driver’s License Front and back both are required. Learning / temporary driving license is accepted.
State ID Front and back both are required
Month to Month/ or Rental Lease agreement Should not have expired at the time of submission. Should be signed by landlord and tenant.
Home Mortgage bill Should be valid at the time of submission.

US cell phone, Wifi and Internet bill

Cell phone bill from AT&T, T Mobile, Sprint, or any service provider is acceptable.

US credit card statement

A credit card bill or statement from any US-based company is NOT acceptable including Discover, American Express, Visa, Mastercard, etc.

US bank statements

Bank of America, US Bank, Chase, Discover, etc. bank’s statements are NOT accepted.

US address P.O. box number

Your US address cannot include a P.O. Box.

Photo by NeONBRAND

US address proof For College / University students

Students living on campus in US University housing/dormitories can submit a letter from the institution on the institution’s letterhead explaining the exact address that one presently resides in.

US address proof for H4 spouse

If the H4 dependent does not have any address proof their own name, then the primary H1B can give his address proof along with letter mentioning my wife is on h4 Visa and she does not have any US address proof.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Is Bank of america savings bank statement for US address proof acceptable?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is home mortgage bill accepted as US address proof for passport renewal?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Use learner driving license as proof of US address for passport renewal?

I had my Tmobile bill and credit card statement accepted as US address proof.

Thanks @ankit_mehta for sharing the info. I will update the article to reflect it.

Hi Ankit,

I just moved to a new house with my husband where I don’t have any utility bill in my name other than internet bill. Only I have escrow title company papers that are in the names of both of us. My passport is expiring in December 1st week. what’s the best can I do?

As @ankit_mehta shared above, CKGS is accepting mobile and internet bills as address proof. You can use it.

What if parents stay with us and what type of us address proof they can accept

Hi @Aslam_Mohammed
Parent should have some kind of address proof from the list above.
They can opt for drivers license or a state ID if nothing else is available.

Hi @Anil_Gupta,
Are you sure that they accept learner’s permit as residence proof? It’s only a slip of paper with some details on it.

Hi @Prakarsh_Upmanyu
One person confirmed it earlier that CKGS accepted his learners driver permit.

Thanks. I hope it works for me too.

Hi Anil,

I have a state ID for my address proof. But in my state ID my last name has a dash “Venkatesh-Babu” instead of “Venkatesh Babu” and all my other legal documents have “Venkatesh Babu”. When I asked this to the DMV they said they cannot insert space in the last name and they could only do it this way. Will this be a problem?

Thanks

Hi @darshan

A dash should not be an issue.

Thanks man, I really hope so as I do not have any other address proof other than my bank statement

Due to COVID-19 leasing offices are closed and we have electronically signed the lease. Would electronically signed(DocuSign) lease documents as US address proof be accepted?

Hi Anil,

Can we submit Tax Return document (Form 9325 / Form 1040) as a US address proof?

If the tax return document has the filing date within last 3 months, then it should be acceptable.

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your response. It is specifically one of these 2 or both.

Form 9325 Acknowledgement and General Information for Taxpayers Who File Returns Electronically

Form 1040 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return

Regards,
Divya D