Travel to US with Approved Petition notice hard copy

Hi,

Recently, my employer has applied for a customer change and my H1B visa extension in premium processing (my current H1B visa is stamped till march 2022). This new petition has got approved and got an email from USCIS about the approval and extension till 2023, however the petition notice is not yet received by the Attorney’s yet.The USCIS website says they shipped it on 13th of September 2021

My question is, is it mandatory to carry this approved petition notice to travel to US from India, since it is anyways updated on UCIS portals. My NIE is also approved for my travel to US.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Vinay

It is better to carry the approval notice of your most current petition. CBP will need the approval notice to readmit you and issue I-94 to match your new H1B approval till 2023. Otherwise you will be issued I-94 based on current I-797 and you will need to visit CBP at Mexico or canadian border to extend your I-94 to match your newly approved H1B.

Thanks for your reply.

I have the email from USCIS with this new petition approval start & end date, consulate notified etc. Do I have a chance of entry denied/deportation in the US, if I don’t carry this approval notice , as I mentioned my H1B Visa is stamped till march 2022.

Thanks,
Vinay