TCS HR email to send Skill Letter Request
There is is not specific format they just want an email from current employer HR/Attorney to be sent to email@example.com stating the reason the letter is required for.
Current employer needs to send skill letter request to TCS
Not sure if they are going to address the letter to my current employer only.
If that is the case then it is going to be an issue in future job changes.
Skill Letter is issued only ONCE
Following is the 1st email i got which mentions that it is only 1 time activity, so they should not address it to current employer.
Skill Letter Issuance is strictly a 1 time activity & Generated on Request only.
It will be issued only for specific purposes, when it is actually required.
Please have the concerned HR person from your current Employer or your Attorney, initiate a mail to the below listed Email address for the release of your Skill Letter.
Or Kindly provide copies of Visa or Application number.
Following are the instructions, to get the Skill / Experience certificate, along with Template :-
Step 1: Please let us know the purpose of the Skill Certificate.
Step 2: Use the attached skilled template which contain the following details:
• Date of Joining - (this will be as per TCS records)
• Date of Release - (this will be as per TCS records)
• Designation - (this will be as per TCS records)
• Skill set / Role and Responsibilities in bullet points (Maximum 5 points) - (needs to be updated by you)
• No project names, client names, Hours, Time, dates worked for, Country name, Various Roles during Tenure & salary details should be stated while providing the skill set.
• Contact your last PL/GL in TCS and get an approval on the same in email. Seeking this approval and following up with the PL / GL will need to be managed at your end.
Incase the supervisor is not active in the company; you can take the approvals from your GL/ BRM whose grade is higher than your grade and he/ she should be active in the company.
This approval email from the PL/GL has to be marked to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the attachment in the history.
Step 4: Once the approvals are in place, Corporate Verification team will provide the Soft Copy of the Skill Certificate on the TCS Letter Head in email within 3 working days.
Step 5: Once you receive the same, you can use the soft copy or take a print out as required.
Please note: The attached template is an authorized standard TCS format which works well for various purposes. TCS does not authorize any alternate format to be provided for this purpose.
Note: - Skill Certificate will be issued only once and no changes can be made once it is issued. Hence, request you to please review and provide the details accurately
Ps: Skill Letter would be strictly as per TCS format.