Succession Certificate for property in Maharashtra after US green card holder death

Hi, I have an aunt who just recently lost her husband in the states.

Both are residents (green card holders) of California but the property in question is in Maharashtra.

Now, to establish herself and kids as the heir - I understand a succession certificate is needed.

Can it be obtained through the Embassy at SF via a misc application?

I understand it may need to be apostilled first through the State Secretary. And while submitting the application in the embassy - are we expected to draft up our own succession certificate and attach to the application along with supporting documents and money order?

Is the death certificate of the uncle required? Please help and shed some light here.

Thanks for your time

I am not sure if succession certificate is given by Indian embassy or not.
But, they should be able to help for Indian matters.

Here is similar discussion:

1 Like