Regarding Multiple H4 EAD

Hi Anil,
Recently I have changed my employer and got H1B approval until 8/2024. My employer filed my spouse H4 & H4 EAD along with H1B transfer which are in received status. Last year , We have filed my spouse H4 extension due to passport expire (I94 received with passport expire date though valid H4 stamp until 3/2022) and got that h4 approval last week until 8/2024. we are planning to file my spouse H4 EAD standalone based on recent H4 approval and thinking which one help us to get EAD within 6 months.

1. Is there any issue filing multiple H4 EAD’s ?
  2. I believe H4 EAD standalone process is faster then H4 + H4 EAD together.

Please share your suggestions & thoughts

Thanks,
GK

I would just wait for the H4 EAD filed with the H1B transfer. The fact that your H4 was approved with same validity as the H1B transfer, I think your H4 EAD will be approved with same validity as well.

Hi Kalpesh,
Thanks for your prompt response. Please note , the H4 was approved which was filed last year (August 2020) . The reason , We are planning to file H4 EAD application standalone , H4 EAD standalone process is faster then H4 + H4 EAD (filed in July '21 along with transfer) . That way , my spouse will not lose job. I will withdraw my H4 EAD standalone , if H4 + H4EAD approved before H4 EAD standalone. The bottom line is , we want to take the advantage and file H4 EAD standalone. Do you see any issue , if we file H4 EAD standalone ? Please advise.

Thanks,
GK

Hi Anil/Kalpesh,
Please advise

As such there should be no issue with multiple EAD applications however sometime it just confuses USCIS. Do you have any references that indicates EAD only applications get processed faster than H4 + EAD? Your H4 is already approved (doesn’t matter if it was earlier or the one applied with H1B transfer) so in my mind, USCIS should now be processing your EAD.

Consult your immigration lawyer before taking any step further and get their advice on filing another EAD application.