Questions about checklist: H4 extension and H4 EAD extension concurrently filing with H1b renewal

Hello everyone, I’d like to share my checklist of H4 and H4 EAD extension concurrently filing with H1b renewal. Please help me figure out what is necessary and what is optional.
First, my case is I am working on H1b visa and my wife working on H4 EAD. Our H1b and H4 visa will be expired on this September, so we will file renewal concurrently.
For H4 extension, my checklist is:

1. I-539 form
  2. Check of $370 pay to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
  3. H4 passport
  4. H4 I-94
  5. Marriage certificate
  6. 2 passport sized photos of H4
  7. Birth certificate of H4
  8. H4 SSN card
  9. H4 W-2 form and most recently 3 months pay stubs since she worked on H4 EAD

My question 1:
Do I need to attach my H1b documents for the H4 extension application if H1b and H4 filed concurrently?
(eg: H1b former I-797, H1b approval notice and I-140 approval notice, H1b former I-129, H1b passport, H1b I-94, H1b offer letter and employment verification letter, H1b W-2 form and most recently 3 months pay stubs.)

For H4 EAD renewal, my checklist is:

1. I-765 form
  2. check of $410 pay to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
  3. 2 passport sized photos of H4
  4. H4 I-94 and H1b I-94
  5. H4 and H1b passport
  6. Marriage certificate
  7. Birth certificate of H4
  8. I-797, approval notice of H1b’s I-140
  9. former H4 EAD and H4 EAD approval notice

My question 2:
Do I need to attach H4 W-2 form and most 3 months pay stubs for H4 EAD renewal?

My question 3:
Do I need to prepare two cover letters for both H4 and H4 EAD renewal. Their supporting documents need to be prepared separately or they share same documents?

Many thanks and good luck to everyone in the US.

If you are filing H1B, H4 and H4 EAD concurrently, you only need 1 set of previous H1B approval details to submit as all 3 applications are going in same package.

H4 W2 form is not required and neither do payslips.

I do not think any cover letter is needed either.

All other supporting documents list looks good to me.

Hi, Anil,

Thank you for your answer.
Is there anything I forgot to put in my checklist?
Can you predict the deadline when USCIS stop to accept H4 renewal application?
Thank you!