Printing of US address on passport - Select change of address option?

Indian address proof is NOT required with US address printing

You do not need to provide any Indian address proof if you opt for printing US address on new passport.

Choose ā€˜Change of Addressā€™ in VFS/Govt form for US address printing

Let me know if you need more information.

Hi Anil,
Thanks a lot for your last response. It was really helpful.

Indian address proof required if printing US address on Passport?

I was wondering that if i choose to get my US address printed on the passport, do I need to provide any address proof for India?
My current passport has the Indian address.

VFS advised to apply for change of address first

Unfortunately, as I pointed out in my last question it does not have the PIN CODE and the STATE mentioned.

The VFS representative mentioned that it is mandatory to enter the PIN CODE and STATE, and if it is not mentioned in passport, I will need to apply for change of address under misc. service, and provide Aadhar card as proof.

I do not have a government bank account in my name in India (I have a joint SBI account with my mother), nor a driving license.
The problem is that in my Aadhar card, my fatherā€™s middle name is missing. Will this cause any trouble ?

What option to choose for change of address when printing US address?

In order to bypass this issue I was thinking of getting the US address printed on my passport.
But in the passport application form, when I click on change of address by default it goes to the change of Indian address, and asks for photocopy of Aadhar card in the document checklist.

Right now I am choosing change of address in misc, and ticking on print US address.
Is this the way to move forward.

Any insight will be much appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks Anil. So am I correct in selecting change of address under misc. service, and then selecting USA as the address to be printed ? Or should I tick ā€œOR If you do not want these services select NOā€ and just click USA near the box for ā€œaddress to be printed on passportā€ ?

You should first select ā€˜Change of addressā€™ and then select ā€˜US address to be printedā€™.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Renew Indian Passport with Current US address on F1 visa

Hello Anil

I have applied for renewal of indian passport in which I opted for US address to be printed. It is the address of our current home that we purchased in US 3 months ago.

Is there any requirement that applicant needs to reside in a residence for 11 months atleast before it can be added to the Indian passport?

Thanks

Hi @Ashwini_Naidu

I am not aware of any such requirement. You are allowed to get US address printed on passport as long as you have address proof.

Most people stay in rental apartment and they do get it printed on Indian passport even when they have just moved in.

Dear Anil, What happens if someone stays at a rental in US and uses this address in passport. Do they have to update (as in submit application for reissuing passport) every time they move?

Address update in the passport is not usually required even if you change apartment as you donā€™t usually use the Indian passport as an address proof document in the US.

So, it does not really require address update.

Hi Anil,

Can please advise if you know how to opt USA address in while renew passport? I am trying to connect with VFS support team but wanted to know if there any additional details I could get.

Sincerely,
Krishna.

Follow the process here:

Hi Anil,

It is an awesome post, very clear and I am got so confident going through your post proceed filing passport renewal for my elder kid. Thank you so much for detailing.

Thanks - Krishna.

1 Like

I am trying to renew my passport using tatkal service at San Francisco.
Situation: My current printed address is an Indian address in which we dont live any more (rented house) for which I am planning to give change of address to my current US address.
Question: Can I use the my 6 month apartment lease of my current USA address as a proof? or I should use a Indian Voter ID as proof and give an change of address to India address (more recent rent house). The reason is both my USA address and Indian voter ID address (recent rent house) will change in 6 months from now.

@fel208 thanks for your post. Can you please share your experience?

@Anil_Gupta I am trying to renew my INDIAN passport in SF. Current passport has India address but the house is empty and my parent visit is some times. I have another address is INDIA for my condo that is given on rent to tenant.

Questions I had for you:

1. If I use USA address that I am currently renting, can the other indian address in forms be of my parents? They donā€™t live in the same state as my previous passport address.

2. If I was to use my condo INDIAN address, will it be OK for police verification, assuming they will verify the address by visiting my tenant in India?

3. Any way to print my INDIA Condo address on passport but have the police verification be done on my parents address ?

Any experience with above with help. TIA

Hi Anil,

I am about to renew my passport and have a similar issue. I cannot use my previous Indian address as my parents are moving to a different city in a remote location. But they havent moved yet. Address on my aadhar card is the previous address. I am going to use US address as printable address. Can I use my relatives address as a placeholder? I do not have any address proof on my relativeā€™s address. Will I require any documents on my relativeā€™s Indian address? Please let me know @Anil_Gupta . Thank you

Hi, I would like to change the last name of my mother on my passport, also there is a spelling change in the first name. Do I need to submit any proof for this? Thanks in advance!