Place of Birth in the NRI Form does not match the place of birth mentioned in the Indian Passport

Hi Anand,

I am not sure about the first part for bengaluru and bangalore. You should give them a call and ask.(first call is free but the later ones are paid, it costs like 10$ for 3-4 mins)
About what to put down in (town/village/city) just mention the city and not state. For state select via drop down.

My new passport says Solapur, Maharashtra.
Hope it helps.

1 Like

Thanks @Arpita_Murar for your reply. I think it is safe to go with the spelling already in the passport.

A post was split to a new topic: When CKGS rejects applications, do they return the notary documents too?

Just giving an update here. I got the notification today as " Application ‘Reviewed’ by Consulate and ‘In Transit’ to CKGS Application Centre".

I gave the same name as in my previous passport and it was approved.
So safe to go with what you already have in your passport.

1 Like

Hi ,
I am also going through same situation.

My old passport has place of Birth as ( Talashet Raigad M.S) can any one pls suggest me how should I mention in the government form. I have the option to select the state and district, but then the Government form shows ( Talashet Maharashtra).
Pls suggest.

Hi @Nikesh

You have to select whatever closest option is shown for selection on CKGS website.

Hello @Nikesh,
Could you please tell me what you mentioned in the government form as Place of Birth? My old passport has similar Place of Birth (Kalyani Nadia WB).

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dey,

Just mentioned as per the form.

city, State , Country…

Later in preview it will show as your birth City and State.

Regards,

Nikesh

2 Likes

Hello @Nikesh ,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Best regards,
A. Dey

Hello @Nikesh ,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Best regards,
A. Dey

I recently applied for my Passport renewal. But then i got an email saying
“Place of Birth in the NRI Form does not match the place of birth mentioned in the Indian Passport. Please reapply with the Place of Birth exactly as in your current Indian Passport.”

But the district name was changed by the government from “Bijapur” to “Vijayapura”. And there is no option in the district that has the old name, “Bijapur”. Will be calling them tomorrow. But not sure how i can fix something that I do not have an option for. Any body else going through the same issue ?

Hello Anil,

My son’s passport reissue application got rejected due to mismatch in Given name between NRI form and actual passport.
Just wanted to know while reapplying the new application, can I reuse the same notarized and self attested documents and send them again via FedEx?

You should be able to reuse the same documents that you sent earlier.

Thank you Anil. Keep up the good work.

Hi Ashwini P,Anil, All, I also received similar email saying “Place of Birth in the NRI Form does not match the place of birth mentioned in the Indian Passport. Please reapply with the Place of Birth exactly as in your current Indian Passport.” This is because my existing passport has Place Of Birth only District Name as “Jaunpur” (which is in Uttar Pradesh state) but now its mandatory to select both District/CITY and State in online NRI form. So Place Of Birth in NRI form is showing as “JAUNPUR, UTTAR PRADESH” I am completely clueless what to do as their call center is closed and no one picking up phone. I send email to passportusa@ckgs.com and to my Jurisdiction(Washington DC) cons4.washington@mea.gov.in where I send application and waiting for response.
Is your issue resolved ? if yes please post/reply and help people like me.

Hi Neeraj,

I am filling my application and came across your question. On my current passport, “Place of Birth” is only “Delhi”. Now after filling the new application, the form last page “Applicant Form Summary” has the following details:

Place of Birth (Village/Town/City)
DELHI

State/UT
Delhi

District
South Delhi

I assume you are having the same type of issue with your application, did you find any way to fix this?
Thanks

Hi @Anurag_Indu: as I mentioned in my post that I had sent an email to passportusa and also to jurisdiction my application was send to. I got response from jurisdiction within 24-hour (today after posting request here at this website) that it is ok to have state added in Birth Place in passport form. Also in response they mentioned that hold is not because of mismatch in ‘PLACE OF BIRTH’ but it was in ‘Passport issue place’(I filled it wrong). I corrected ‘PLACE ISSUE’ filling a new form on govt website and going to send it to them tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi,
Need help : Place of birth in current passport is INDORE M.P but Renewal application is not taking spacial character so need suggestion what should be correct value
INDORE MP
or
INDORE M P
or
INDORE MADHYA PRADESH
(In below one I am replacing , with space character)

Hi @neeraj_Shrivastava @Ashwini_P Anil,

I am facing a similar issue in NRI form. The Place of Birth in my current passport is “CHENNAI TAMILNADU”.

But when I enter Place of Birth as “CHENNAI TAMILNADU” and also select State and District from drowpdowns as “TAMIL NADU” and “Chennai”, the last preview page shows the Place of Birth as “CHENNAI TAMILNADU, TAMIL NADU”

I am confused what I need to enter in “Place of Birth (Village/Town/City)”.

Based on Arpita_Murar and anandgarg1994’s experience, looks like I just need to write “CHENNAI” in the Place of Birth field.

Could you please help me with this? Thank you in advance.

Hi @Anil_Gupta, I received email saying “Place of Birth in the NRI Form does not match the place of birth mentioned in the Indian Passport.

Please reapply with the Place of Birth exactly as in your current Indian Passport.” This is because my existing passport has Place Of Birth only District Name as “Jaunpur” (which is in Uttar Pradesh state) but now its mandatory to select both District/CITY and State in online NRI form.

So Place Of Birth in NRI form is showing as “JAUNPUR, UTTAR PRADESH” I am completely clueless what to do as their call center is closed and no one picking up phone. I send email to passportusa@ckgs.com and to my Jurisdiction(Washington DC) cons4.washington@mea.gov.in where I send application and waiting for response.
Do you have any suggestion/clue please reply me…