Place of Birth in Indian Passport Renewal

Hi ,
I’m in the process of renewing my Indian passport in USA and I have below question. :

In place of Birth my current passport has : MEERUT UP

In CKGS application as directed I have filled : MEERUT UP

Now in NRI form it ask me to fill Place of Birth and then select the state and District. I have filled as follows :

Place of Birth : MEERUT UP

District : MEERUT

State : UTTAR PRADESH (This mandatory to select)

In the passport preview it is coming as

MEERUT UP, UTTAR PRADESH.

Can you please help here if this can be a problem or what should I select here ?

Thanks

(Anil Gupta) #2

You should be fine. Do not worry if the online NRI form is not allowing you to change it.

Thank you Anil for your prompt response,

So I should write whatever is there in my passport. My passport has “MEERUT UP” in Place of Birth and State is mandatory in NRI form.

so it is coming out to be MEERUT UP, UTTAR PRADESH in Passport Preview.

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your guidance.CKGS asked me to write the City Name only (MEERUT) and then choose the state from dropdown. I have applied for the passport and recieved it in 4 days from Houston Consulate. Sharing my timeline as below

May 02, 2019 - Thursday04:26 pmPassport picked up by FedEx.

Your AWB Number is 7******************

To track the ‘Progress of Your Shipment’, log onto the site of FedEx and enter your AWB Number.
May 02, 2019 - Thursday03:20 pmPassport ‘Received’ at the CKGS application centre and is at the ‘Sorting Facility’ where it is being processed for delivery.

Please continue tracking your application status online.
May 02, 2019 - Thursday12:12 pmApplication ‘Reviewed’ by Consulate and ‘In Transit’ to CKGS Application Centre.

May 01, 2019 - Wednesday09:40 amApplication is ‘Under Process’ at Consulate for decision making.

May 01, 2019 - Wednesday09:39 amApplication is ‘In Transit’ to the Consulate.

Apr 30, 2019 - Tuesday05:18 pmApplication is ‘Under Process’ at CKGS.

Apr 30, 2019 - Tuesday01:38 pmApplication Verification is ‘Complete’. Processing of your application will continue.

The Consulate may request for further documents over and above those already submitted as per the Document Checklist.

Apr 30, 2019 - Tuesday01:37 pmApplication ‘Received’ by CKGS and ‘Not Verified’.

You will receive an E-mail advising you of the outcome of the verification process.

1 Like
(Anil Gupta) #5

Thanks for sharing your case details. I appreciate it.