PHD student with no I-20 Indian Passport renewal - have DS-2019

Hi Anil,

I am a PhD student on a J1 visa so I don’t have a I-20 but a DS-2019 which is the I-20 equivalent document for the J1 visa, but the form doesn’t have it as an option.

How do I go forward with this?

Please write an email to CKGS and confirm about what can be selected instead of I-20 or if you can select I-20. They normally respond within 24 hours.

I am justing posting a reply on the same issue I got from CKGS, in case anyone benefits from it. CKGS advised me to choose EAD and J1 under the visa category. For the EAD number, they asked to provide the SEVIS ID.

1 Like