Passport Validity while applying H4 visa extension

Hello Sir,
I need to file my H1B visa extension along with my dependents before July 09 2020. However Indian passport for my kids are going to expire in Sep 2020, and as per legal requirement passport should be valid for at least six months while applying for H4 visa extension.

I have been trying to get it renewed their passport since 15 Mar 2020. Due to Covid 19, passport office is closed from 17 Mar 2020, and unable to get it renewed my kids passport. I have sent so many follow-up email to Indian embassy but no satisfactory response from them. I asked to approach them in first week of June, not sure whether passport will be renewed timely due to Covid 19. Request you to please advise how to mitigate the situation.

Thanks,
Vidushi

Thanks Anil for sharing the information. My documents are with Fedex since 16 Mar 2020, and as per Indian Embassy they asked me to approach them in June 2020. I have sent multiple followup to them for renewal of passport. So far I have not received any positive response. Please suggest.