Passport renewal with no valid visa

Hi, My kid’s I590 got denied and we have filled Motion to Reopen, but we did not receive receipt copy yet. Her passport is getting expired on August. Can we apply for passport renewal for my kid now? We don’t have any documents to prove her status in USA. Please help.

based on motion to reopen, the indian consulate can give you 2 year passport.