Passport Renewal in USA

Hi, My passport is expiring in June and i would like to renew it through houston Indian Embassy. the issue is the address on my passport is where we were staying 10 years back when my dad was in Government job in Mumbai. now he is shifted to Aligarh (uttar pradesh). i do not have any address proof of my current permanent address on my name. my wife has her aadhar card for that address though. my question is what should i do, if i put to be address as USA address what address should i put as my India permanent address. if i put my Aligarh address do i need any address proof to be sent which i dont have, also will there be any police verification since my father is elderly and i dont want him to get troubled.

my visa has also gone for renewal last week so hope my passport renewal this time will not be an issue

Hi You can give your USA address as passport printing address for that you need to provide your drivers license (both sided color print) and monthly conveyance bill both should be notarized. For India address you can share any of your parents address(where the enquiry happens) in India and you do not have to provide any proofs for it.