Passport expires on the 18th birthday - can I choose Adult

I am renewing my passport. I chose to be a adult and my passport expires the day I turn 18. Is there a problem that I choose adult?

Age less than 18 is considered minor

Applicants less than 18 years of age are considered as minors for issuance of passport.

So, you should choose minor if you are applying before 18.
If you apply after your 18th birthday (when passport has already expired), then you can choose ‘Adult’.

Minor upto Age 15

• In case of minors up to the age of 15 years, the validity of passport is restricted to 5 years or till they attain the age of 18, whichever is earlier.

Minor age between 15 to 18

• In case of minors between 15 to 18 years of age, a 10-year validity passport is issued. However, documentation required for minor’s passport will be applicable up to attaining 18 years of age.

NOTE: Depending on the category applied for, different fees are applicable. An ordinary passport is valid for 10 years from the date of issue. It may please be noted that the Passport Issuing Authority can issue passports even for a shorter duration.

Thank You for your reply.
But if I am sending my passport after 18 th birthday, but started my application before 18, is that a problem?

If I started my application as an adult, is there is a way to change to minor?

Editing is not allowed. You have to start a new application if you want to change.

If you send the application after 18th birthday, you should be able to file as adult.

Again thanking for your reply. It is so helpful.
I have another question. If you start an application all over, do you have to pay the service fer again?

If you have already paid, then there are refund rules and some fees is non-refundable.
Check the refund rules here:

Thank you so much Mr. Anil. But I have a few more questions.

1. .What should I put for ‘delivery by mail’ amount?

2. Is it wrong that I put two names and addresses of two relatives/friends from India?

I put those two in the Nationality verification form.

I really appreciate what you are doing now. It is really helpful and there are no words to describe how thankful I am to you.

Sincerely,

Ashley P. Sushil

Amount paid in NRI form

Has already been answered earlier here:

Name of relatives from India

Names of two relatives from India is fine. That’s what the form is asking for.

What are some of the mistakes that would lead to me not getting my renewed passport?.
In the checklist, the last item is a copy of the prepaid bill. What exactly does that mean?

I am not sure what “prepaid bill” means here.
Can you share a screen shot of what you are seeing on checklist?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is CKGS shipping envelope Free after paying for mailing service?

It says envelope, not bill. My mistake. Sorry.