Mistake in passport Application on CKGS website

Hi,

I completed passport application on CKGS website and made a payment. I am now filling the passport application on NRI website. I realized I have made a mistake on CKGS form. My father’s last name is printed first on my original passport. I gave the correct first and last name on CKGS. When I do the same on NRI passport website, the preview is showing his name in reverse order. So, basically I have to correct CKGS form to reflect what is on my old passport.

1. Will I be able to correct it without paying fees once again?
  2. Can I skip my Father’s name completely and give only mother’s name?

Please help. It’s urgent.

Thank you very much!

I don’t think you are allowed to edit your CKGS application now.

You can give only mother name if the system allows you to skip father name.

Thanks for your reply Anil. Can I cancel my application, get a refund and submit a new application again?

You can cancel your application and then get CKGS refund.

@nuthana
I have similar situation. My existing passport has the below info.
Mothers Name: LAST FIRST

But when I am filling the CGKS & NRI passport applications online, I gave FIRST NAME & LAST NAME and the preview now brings my mother name as FIRST LAST.

What do I do now ?

Hello,

I’m half-way through filling my Indian passport re-issue application via the CKGS website. I’m in the “Pay” section of the application but would like to go back and update the “Submission and Collection Mode” section. How can I go back to the previous section? The navigation bar on the top of the page don’t have links. I cannot also find retrieve my application by clicking on the “My Account” link on the top right - I can only retrieve it by entering my web reference number on the bottom of the page, in which case it takes me to the latest section with no way of going back to the previous section.

I have emailed passportusa@ckgs.com but no response yet, so posting here to see if anyone here has figured out how to go back.

Thanks.

I am in a similar situation now. trying to apply for passport renewal using VFS and found that first and last name are reversed for my parents. did you file for renewal with CKGS and got it approved ?

thanks in advance.