Minor passport renewal document checklist says valid US visa copies of parents

I am applying for renewal of minor applicant passport in CKGS, San Francisco

The document checklist says we should submit valid US visa copies of parents but the H1B of father and H4 of mother is also in the extension process along with the minor H4 applicant.

I have selected the “pending approval at USCIS” option for the applicant and entered the receipt notice number.

Is it OK if we can submit the receipt notice for both, H1B of the father and H4 of the mother?
Also regarding the valid US residence proof, should it be submitted for both the parents? My wife’s name is not there in any of the US residence proof.

Hi @Sasank_Varma

US address proof for Indian minor passport

Any one parent can submit his/her US address proof. That’s enough.
No need for both to have US address proof.

Valid US Visa copies of parents for minor Indian passport

I think you still mist have the Visa stamped in your passport still valid, if your i94 has not expired yet.

If you do not have the Visa stamped in passport, then you can use the i797 approved notices (the old one that are still valid)

OR

You can use the i797 receipt notices for pending application with USCIS.

All these are fine for parent’s proof of legal status.

I am applying for renewal of minor applicant passport in CKGS, NewYork

My employer is forgot to file my H4 dependent visa,so my wife and kid I-94 visa’s expired on July 19 2020.
we are in the process of filing I-94 for my wife and kid.

My kids is passport is going to expire on 01/29/2021.If we file for her I-94 and we will get I-94 approved till 01/29/2021.

The document checklist says we should submit valid US visa copies of parents but the H1B of father
and H4 of mother.

Is it OK if we can submit the H1B approved copies? (or) I need to wait the I-94 receipt of my kid and wife?

H4 pending receipt number is required for filing passport application.