Looking for a answer of DS-160 Form question: Do you have any immediate relatives in U.S. , not including parents in U.S.?

I am traveling India from USA to get my H1b stamping done, my spouse is in USA on H4 visa and she is not traveling with me. I am filling DS-160 form but I am not sure what should I answer for below question in DS-160 form. Please help me on same.
Question: Do you have any immediate relatives in U.S. , not including parents in U.S.?

Answer should be ‘NO’ as the intent of the question is to ask is you have any immediate relatives living in the US as permanent resident or citizen.

1 Like

Thank you @Kalpesh_Dalwadi but I heard some people saying answer should be ‘Yes’ as I am married and my wife is living in USA and she is immediate relative so I am confused about the answer.

Is she a PR/citizen?

No , she is on H4 only

@Kalpesh_Dalwadi she is on Only H4 VISA.

if I choose ‘Yes’ , I have to select Relative’s status:

• U.S.CITIZEN
  • U.S. LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT (LPR)
  • NONIMMIGRANT
  • OTHER / I DON’T KNOW

As I know If the person is in an Adjustment of Status (AOS, probably using EAD), the legal status selected should be nonimmigrant. But H4 is a ‘temporary, nonimmigrant visa’ category, I do not see a “temporary, nonimmigrant” option in selection.What would be the appropriate relative status for H4 VISA.?

H4 is considered non-immigrant status. I think you are over thinking too much :slight_smile: