Like EOI, is the application also prioritized and processed based on points?

Hi Anil,

I submitted my visa application on May 1 and my status still shows “Received”. Every month the estimated duration keeps increasing. Last week updated application with 1022 form (change in circumstances) for the new born. Yet to do HC for wife.

1. Does the status change to something else when a CO is assigned? Since the status doesn’t change i am not sure if i need to do something else also (other than wife’s HC).
  2. Will the CO create a new section to attach birth certificate and Passport of new born? If not, should i attach it to the primary applicant section once i get the docs or wait for the CO office to create section and ask for doc?
  3. Like EOI, is the application also prioritized and processed based on points?

The status will same until a CO contacts you or you get a final grant. There are no status changes in between.

If the CO needs more documents from you, you will receive a notification in immiaccount as well as an email with all the details.

You should upload the documents as and when you have received them and not wait for CO contact.

The applications may be prioritized based on points but we do not have any data to say with 100% surety that they do.