Leave ACS current employment date blank to get points?

Hello,

I have a query on counting the employment experience. I have an overall 10.5 years of IT experience and recently I have got my ACS assessment under ICT Business Analyst. The result shows that my experience is considered after March 2011. The irony is the ACS doesn’t has option to show that i am still employed with my current organization and the results letter mentions that i am with my current firm during dec 2009 till Jan 2019.

I am wondering whether I will be awarded 15 points (for 8 plus years exp if I raise the EOI in Mar 2019) or 10 points ( If I raise EOI in Feb 2019).
Please suggest.
Thanks

You can leave the current employment’s end date blank and EOI will automatically increase your points once you move past 8 years total experience.
Refer:

And

Thanks Anil for the clarification. But the ACS result clearly mentions that I am employed with my current firm till Jan 2019 only.

Will EOI look at the assessment letter for awarding points or it will consider the inputs i provide while filing the EOI?

Is there any way or possibility that the ACS assessment will be corrected showing that I am still employed with my firm and regenerate the result letter?

I may sound tense but any clarification is highly appreciated.

ACS report cannot be corrected. They have strict format and they always put an end date to the current employment. You are not alone. It happens with everyone.

As I already said, you are allowed to keep current employment’s end date blank to claim the period after ACS end date to current time. This is allowed in your EOI.

This clarifies. Much appreciated your timely response Anil.

All the best for your PR process.
You may like to see step by step EOI process:

Hi Anil

I had filed for an ACS Skill Assessment and received a positive assessment on 28 April 2020.

They have considered my employment after 09 June 2015 to equate to work at an appropriately skilled
level and the end date as given in the ACS letter is 03/20. My overall work experience as per the ACS letter stands at 4years and 9 months. However, I am still working in the same organization and my overall experience after the Skill Assessment start date(June 2015) as per the ACS letter now stands at 5years and 5 months and counting. The extra months now will enable me to fetch extra points.

Do I need to file for a re-assememnt with ACS and get my skills re-evaluated with the additional experience?
OR
WIll leaving the end date as BLANK while filing for my EOI enable me to get those extra 5 points automatically?

Thanks
Dhruv

if you leave it blank while continuing same employment and role, it should give you extra points.

Thanks

So, I do not need to get my skill assessment done again?

Also, is leaving the end date as blank advisable especially once I have the assessment letter with me from ACS?

Hi Anil

I had filed for an ACS Skill Assessment and received a positive assessment on 28 April 2020.

They have considered my employment after 09 June 2015 to equate to work at an appropriately skilled
level and the end date as given in the ACS letter is 03/20. My overall work experience as per the ACS letter stands at 4years and 9 months. However, I am still working in the same organization and my overall experience after the Skill Assessment start date(June 2015) as per the ACS letter now stands at 5 years and 5 months and counting. The extra months now will enable me to fetch extra points.

Do I need to file for a re-assememnt with ACS and get my skills re-evaluated with the additional experience?
OR
WIll leaving the end date as BLANK while filing for my EOI enable me to get those extra 5 points automatically?

Thanks
Dhruv

@Anil_Gupta

I’m in a similar situation where my ACS skills assessment has approved employment starting June 28 2013 till Jun 2021 which sums up to 7 years 11 months.
My current employment is assessed as positive, so if I lodge eoi today ( 28 July 2021 ) will skill select consider my employment as 8 years??
I read few consultants are telling to get assessed again after 2 to 3 month’s…
Is it legal to leave my current employment end date blank as opposed to ACS assessed end date?