L2 EAD to H4 EAD - Can we file H1B transfer, H4 and H4 EAD all at a time?

Hi,

My husband is on L1 visa currently and will be moving to H1B. I am on L2 EAD.

Can we file H1B transfer, H4 and H4 EAD all at a time ? How soon can i expect my H4 EAD ?

Will my L2 EAD number help in expediting the process?

You can file H1B transfer, H4 and H4 EAD all at a time.

There is no data to prove that L2 EAD helps get H4 EAD faster than others.

Thank you. I read in some post that EAD gets expedited if you are working in healthcare industry. Is that true?

Some people in our groups did report that their EAD expedite request was approved since their employer in in healthcare field due to Coronavirus emergency.

Hi,

My L2 EAD is valid till Jan 2021. If my husband get his status changed from L1 to H1B in next 2 months. Can i still work on my L2 EAD till Jan 2021 and at the same time can i apply for my H4 EAD.

Also his H1B petition is approved last year , if he gets his COS now will it be in effect immediately ? Also can we file H1B extension , H4 and H4 EAD in premium and continue to work on L1 EAD till it is valid?

Once your husband’s status changes to H1B, your status also changes to H4. You cannot enjoy L2 if your primary’s status has changed.

The status does not change until the application is approved by USCIS.
You can file all in premium but since H4 needs biometric, it will be delayed.

Hey Anil,

I have a new job offer, I want to file H4 and H4EAD with the H1 transfer. The validity of current H4 and H4 EAD is 8 months. Should i wait to file h4 and H4 EAD when validity is below 6 months or can i ask lawyer to file with the h1 transfer.

Thanks
Karthik

Hi @Karthik_Devaraja1

Its better to file H4 and H4 EAD with H1B transfer as per my opinion.