L1B approved after RFE, L2 EAD still pending - Documents for EAD expedite

Hi,

My husband has applied for L1B extension in premium on Aug 20th 2019 and on the same date we also applied for L2 Extension and L2 EAD extension. We have received an email to submit RFE for L1B and once submitted the RFE it got approved but L2 extension and L2EAD is still pending.

I have called USCIS on Jan 7th 2020 to submit an out of processing time request for L2 Extension and the updates are as follows. Could you please let me know when can I expect an approval for L2 Extension.

• 01/10/2020 – On January 10, 2020, your Other - Tier 1, referral number XXX, was completed.
  • 01/10/2020 – On January 10, 2020, we sent a response to your Other - Tier 1, referral number XXX.
  • 01/07/2020 – On January 7, 2020, your Other - Tier 1, referral number XXX, was assigned to an officer for response.
  • 08/20/2019 – We received your Form I-539, Application To Extend/Change Non-immigrant Status.

And my L2 EAD status is still showing as “Case was received”. My current EAD got expired on Jan 12th 2020 and right now I am on administrative suspension. On Jan 13th 2020 I have called USCIS and submitted an expedite request and they mentioned that they will be asking for documents in 1-2 days. Could you please let me know what kind of documents should be submitted in order to get my expedite request approved?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi @billurideepika

All supporting documents for EAD expedite request are given here.

Hi Anil,

I got my L2 visa Approved today. I also concurrently filed my EAD for renewal along with L2 visa renewal. when can i expect my EAD to be approved,because it has been already 7 months i filed it. today i just recieved an updated status for my visa but for my EAD it is still showing like “case was recieved”.

Thanks

Hi @Satya_Chavali

You should call USCIS and raise a service request. On the other hand, file the EAD expedite request.

I am currently pregnant and planning to expedite my EAD request showing my medical expenses as a reason. Can you share any sample letter which I can get signed from doctor.

Your doctor only needs to write about your current condition. There is no sample letter that I can share at this time.

Thank you Anil,

I raised the request they will be sending reply by feb5th.

1 Like