L1A & L2 Extension Processing Time with L2 Approval chances

Ohh…that’s the worry.

I though you are worried about individual L2 extension.
In that case, you should NOT stay in USA once your spouse’s L1A is denied.

It is better to stay outside US and wait for H1B approval.

Thank you for all possible answers.

Is any idea how much chances of L1A Extension approval in coming months and if denied then what can be reason…

Any chances that extension in processing and we can do Canada work visa also side by side…is any risk involved.
Geet

Well, there could be multiple reasons for L1 extension denial that’s based on job profile.

These days USCIS is denying L1s even when they found the same job qualified earlier. So, nobody can guess if what they will do now.

Yes, you can apply for Canada PR in parallel.

Hi ,

I am back again . Need more advice. how soon we get PR if we have work visa in hand and have IELTS scores as well. what is minimum IELTS Score require to get Canadian PR? if have work visa and without work visa.

One more query: As confirmed earlier My Husband’s company filing for our L1A & L2 extension but we have not yet received I-539 and i need to apply for L2-EAD renewal before 12th Feb to continue working. If i apply without I-539 So EAD may get reject(Is that correct) or is it fine i apply for l2 EAD Renewal and is any otherway i can submit them I-539 Copy later?

I have split your question and created Canadian PR question in Canada category:

File L2 EAD without L2 extension

There is no way you can send L2 Extension receipt after filing application unless you get an RFE to send i-539.

I do not suggest applying for L2 EAD without L2 extension receipt.

Ok Thank you so much. but if i apply L2 EAD after 12th Feb may be 1 week later will they accept as renewal or no?
Or application should reach before 12th feb. Kindly confirm

You can apply anytime for renewal of L2 EAD. There is no such requirement of applying before its expiry.

Please note that you will have to STOP working if your EAD expires.

Ok . Thanks for confirming that i can apply after 12th Feb too.

That works as my employer will allow me to take break till i apply and get receipt.
Thank you once again.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Keep working on L2 EAD while renewal is pending?

Hello,

My spouse’s company applied L1A in premium in feb end of the week. while there was RFE was supposed to submit before April End. Which is done by attorney. Results should have come out for premium as per time slot within 15 days but yet not heard and attorney too not aware of it.
any guidance on it.

Regards,

Attorney receives status updates on email for premium cases.
They have access to USCIS email service to connect directly with USCIS and ask for status.

But yet attorney has not received any update but logically it should not take more than 15 days for premium that’s the concern.

Yes, it should not take more than 15 days. USCIS refunds the premium money if they can’t take a decision within 15 calendar days.

Your employer can call USCIS and ask for the reason of delay. Not sure why they are not doing it.

Ok. Sure & Thank you.

Our Attorney says that Our L1A Extension is out of Premium processing time as more than 15 days not heard so they raised a query to USCIS but USCIS still not replied on the same. What kind of processing is this or what are the possibilities of such delay? almost a month now.

Hi @Gits_Ths

Has your employer actually paid for premium processing or not? Have they received any RFE email?

L1A Extension Submitted by my husband company & Originally it was submitted as in normal processing on 6th Feb but then it was upgraded on 26th FEB as in premium then got RFE on 6th of march & attorney submitted that on 6th of may being last date of submission was 1st june. So attorney was expecting outcome within 15 days from 6th of may and still they haven’t heard or not USCIS replying. So what can be cause of delay?

I got RFE in march 20th on my L2 EAD to submit approval documents till 15th of june being i had submitted I539 copy with application so they might have considered that.

so if i dont get any result before 15th june so can i request USCIS to extend My L2 RFE submission date being delay from USCIS .
Very complicated.

I have not heard of any premium case delayed beyond 15 days unless it is stuck in ‘security clearance’.

You can only get this info from USCIS and your Employer can call and ask for the reason of delay.

Being USCIS taking time on L1A premium case more than a month after submitting RFE response. Attorney is following on it.
Query: if unfortunately they deny case but our Visa is still valid for 8 months can employer apply for L1B ?
Kindly confirm

You can stay in US if your i94 is still valid and not visa. Visa is only useful for entering US.

You can file the extension again in case of denial only if your current i94 is still valid.