L1A Extension RFE Approved - No status change on L2 and L2EAD

Hi Anil,

We requested an H4 EAD expedite based on medical and severe financial needs last week.
Saw the update today on the case status update website

• On June 19, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1B**, was completed.

• 06/19/201

On June 19, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1B**

• 06/18/2019

On June 18, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1B**, was assigned to an officer for response.

This was a request raised over the phone and the representative did not ask us to mail anything in support of our request like documents of medical necessity financial. He just asked us to wait for a communication either by email or regular mail and said we have a valid case.

What might happen next ? Should I call them again to find out what this update means or wait to hear ?
Also, we have requested the help of the local Congressman. They are happy to help, but they are telling us that either one of us should respond to USCIS and that they will not provide me with a letter, but communicate/enquire directly with USCIS. In effect, they said I should not be responding to any further requests from USCIS for evidence if asked, if I want their help. Or I can choose to do it by myself, but they do not advice a “double” correspondence or approach from both sides to USCIS.
Any take on this ?

Hi @SriKrishna

If the congressman has agreed to respond on your behalf, then that’s a better way to go.

I have given the EAD expedite timeline here based on one case that was finally approved.

A post was split to a new topic: Can I give reference of Employer mail screenshot as EAD loss of job document?

Hi,
Could you please tell me how you expedited your request through call centre? None of the options direct me to this.

Thanks
Ramya

Hi Madi Sudhan
After accepting the expedite request. How much time take for getting EAD card?

Hello

It took almost a month for it to get approved . Also after raising an ombudsman request

Thank you

Can you please list the documents needed to expedite the request?

HI @hiteshjain
I applied in financial and job loss category. Below are documented list

1. Doctor’s Letter.
  2. 3 Bills Medical Receipts.
  3. Job offer letter
  4. Job Termination email
  5. Parents Medical Reports.
1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to expedite L2 EAD renewal processing

Hi Anil,

In my case, we filed our L1B and L2 Extension petition by may 3, 2019. And L2 called for biometric and was done on May 25th. After that L1B when to RFE and asked for additional documents. After we submitted the document, L1B petition got approved by Aug 23rd. By still L2 extension is pending.

I called USCIS and raised the Expedite request based on financial loss. I didn’t get any response for the expedite request yet.

I also have an another question, Can I apply for L2 EAD now, with L1B extension alone, since my L2 extension is in pending state. If so what all documents I need to submit?.

Thanks,
Pradeepa

Hi @Pradeepa

You have confused me. How can you raise an expedite request for L2 extention? It can only be raised for L2 EAD as per my information.

Have you not applied L2 EAD yet?

We just applied for L1 and L2 extension together… L2 EAD yet to apply… I raised the request for L2 extension since it’s pending… L1B extension approved 4 weeks back… Is it ok to apply for EAD now or once I get my L2 extension?..

Thanks,
Pradeepa

Hi @Pradeepa

Looks like you just raise a SR request and not an expedite request.

Anyways, you can file an EAD application based on approved L1 and pending L2.

Hi Madisudhan,

I have dropped you an email… It would be great if you can share your expedite letter.

Hi Omkar

Are you all set ?

@madisudhan I sent you an email. Would appreciate if you can send me format of letters that you used for supporting expedite request. I approached USCIS for my wife’s H4-EAD application through congressman and her situation is the client is interested in offering her FT whereas she is currently working as contractor. Received this below response from USCIS.

This email is in response to your inquiry regarding the Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (LIN*********), which Ms. ************* filed with USCIS on October 11, 2019.*

USCIS records confirm that this application is associated with your constituent’s Form I-539, Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (LIN*********), also filed on October 11, 2019.*

Currently, the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) is processing most cases of this type within approximately 7 months (Processing Times).

From a review of the information submitted with your inquiry, we recognize that your constituent may be requesting expedited processing; however, documentation which may support the claims presented in the request was not provided. As indicated in the USCIS Policy Manual (Chapter 5 - Requests to Expedite Applications or Petitions | USCIS), “USCIS considers all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and generally requires documentation to support such requests.” If your constituent chooses to proceed with an expedited processing request, please forward a copy of the documentation which may support the request. After it is received at the Nebraska Service Center (NSC), your constituent’s request with supporting documentation will be referred for consideration.”

Hi Anil,

I have applied for my L2 EAD on aug 20th 2019 and I dont see any update till now. Could you please share me the sample letter format to be sent to USCIS to expedite the request.

Thanks in Advance

Hi @billurideepika

Sample letter for EAD expedite request is available here.

Hi @madisudhan and @Omkar_Redij and @Anil_Gupta and @Sai_Narisetti

I would like to have expedite sample letter ,it would be helpful if you drop an email to nivaniranj@gmail.com

Your help is appreciated and thank you

Hi @Niranjala

If you have read this post just above your question, there is a sample letter available at the link.