L1A Extension RFE Approved - No status change on L2 and L2EAD

The proofs are fine but USCIS does not really approve the expedite requests based on the reason that you may lose job.

If they do, every EAD application will have an expedite request sent to USCIS.

Hi Anil.

Thank you for your response.

We got below three status updates on the case .

1. On April 12, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXX, was completed.

2. On April 12, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXX,

3. On April 12, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXX,

4. On April 9, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxx, was assigned to an officer for response.

We received an email from USCIS on April 012 that " Upon receipt of your request for expeditious handling, your case was reviewed and a determination was made that we need additional information to make a decision regarding your request. Please scan and e-mail documents supporting your expedite request to @uscis.dhs.gov

NOTE: Please include the receipt number and ATTN: xxxx in the subject line of your e-mail.
***The information must be received within 48 hours of the date of this notice. A decision in regards to expediting your request cannot be made until this documentation is received. Any documents submitted, in a foreign language, must be accompanied by a full English translatio–***"

We responded back with the evidence to the mentioned email address on the same day . we dint get any response back till date.

I’m very much confused because , the case says completed on 12th .

Can I expect any positive response ?

Thanks and Regards,
MS

The status completion date is only for the service request.

The real decision will be taken by the case officer as to expediting or not can be approved.
You should wait to hear from the email that you sent your documents to.

Thank you Anil , today we received an email stating that they accept the request , but it says 45 days for decision . Anil based on your experience what will be the real time line we can expect here .

Can you share the complete details or text of the USCIS message. I really don’t understand what they accepted by your message.

Hi Anil

We raised an expedited request under financial loss category . A week back we got an email requesting for evidence , Provided evidence such as letter from the employer and other documents . Today we received below email .

“We***have received the requested evidence. The documentation submitted meets the requirements for expedited processing of your application. You should receive a decision or notice of further action within 45 days”***

Kind note :

This request is for L2EAD I765 extn

L1A extension approved Month back

L2 - Pending approval

L2 EAD - Pending Approval

ok…this does seem like USCIS officer has approved your EAD expedite request.

Normally, people receive the approval within 1-10 days after expedite request approval.
Congratulations.

Hi Anil

Again need your help and advice as we are worried based on below response from congressmen office this morning .

Yesterday we got an update based on the call center service request that the case (i765) had been approved for expedition request . Today congressman mail states that i539 has to be approved prior to i765 Approval .

Now what will happen to our i765 expedition request . (I129 Approved : I539 pending approval ; I765 expedition request approved )

Mail from Congressman:

“*Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, Xxxx regarding Forms I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status and Application for Employment Authorization. *

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that your constituent’s cases are pending at the Texas Service Center (TSC). The current estimated processing time for I-539 at TSC is 3.5 – 5.5 months from the date of receipt. Processing time for I-765 applications based on an I-539 is 1.5 to 5 months.

However, the I-539 application has to be approved before the I-765 application can be approved.

Please note that estimated processing times are processing goals and not a guarantee that these applications will be processed within the estimated timeframe. ”

*Kindly advice Anil *

Well, this means that you need to first wait for i539 approval. This can take its own time and the EAD expedite request is probably wasted here.

I feel sorry for you.

Thank you Anil . Just spoke to Tier 2 officer understood that , if L1A i129 is approved then both decisions are independent . Hence she said that I can expect response on the expedited request in less than 45 days

Thank you Anil will keep you posted

1 Like

Hi Madisudhan,

We recently requested for an expedite. USCIS asked us to send additional documentation. Can you do me me favor and forward me the structure of the letters you used . Help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

-Vishnu

Kindly post here , I will share my experience

Thanks! Sent over an email.

Hi @madisudhan
I strongly suggest to delete your email once you have connected with the other user from this page as it will invite unwanted spam.

You can send over the documents over private messages here as well to other users.

Or send it to me ( contact AT am22tech DOT com ) and i can hide all your stuff and then share it with others on this page for future. Offcourse do it if you feel comfortable. No compulsions.

Hi Anil . Can we request the Congress man to expedite i539 and i765 . Both are in pending status and the beneficiary has to travel to India for a emergency purpose . They have all the supporting documents , including the surgery date of her mother . Please advise

Hi @Prithwish

Traveling is not a valid reason for expedite request. Infact, why do you need i539 approval if you are going out of US.

You can get visa stamp in US embassy when you go out. Then, file EAD when you come back to US.

Thanks Anil . EAD is alresdy pending for 60 days . If she travels outside , her application might get into RFE and her current job expires jun mid .
So it might delay the process further

Should they make severe financial loss as their case for expediting and then reach out to congressman ? They will have to ask to expedite both i539 and i765 . Please advise

You can try to make a case for financial loss but as per my experience, the chances are low for EAD expedite request approval.

Thanks Anil
They did go to the congressman office to expedite request but they are not so hopeful. The office person told them that they will give it a shot with USCIS but chances are bleak. fingers crossed .

Today its been 2 weeks since H4 Biometrics but no approval yet on H4 or H4 EAD .

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have also not heard of any H4 approval yet from anyone who was subjected to Biometrics.

I will share once i hear any approval.