L1A Extension RFE Approved - No status change on L2 and L2EAD

Hello
My L1A RFE got approved yesterday afternoon . But the L2 and L2EAD still shows case received status .

All got filed together on same package on same day . On premium category

Thank you
MS

L2 and L2 EAD are not guaranteed to be processed in premium. It is extended as a courtesy by USCIS and they may or may not do it.

Hi Anil .
I have a question , kindly share your advice. When both I765 and I539 both pending approval . If I765 comes early for review , what would happen if i539 is pending decision. Will both get approved ?

FYI : I129 got approved before two weeks . no status update on I765 and I539

Anything can happen both may get approved at same time or anyone can be approved earlier than other.

We are seeing these days that USCIS approves i765 even before i539 is approved.

Thank you Anil . Thanks for your reply .

Need one more advice . We called callcenter and requested for expedited request under severe financial loss category.

04/09 assigned to an officer

04/12 we sent an response

04/12 request completed

Received email on 04/12 to email evidence with in 48 hrs to consider our case under expedited category. We emailed job offer and letter from employer asking to join ASAP

This was sent on 04/14 (Sunday)

No updates after that , in general how long will it take for them to accept / deny the request

Regards,

Madhu Sudhan

It can take anywhere between 1 to 30 days. Chances are low for an expedite approval with just the job offer letter.

You will be extremely lucky if your expedite request is approved.

We included the following evidence

1. Letter from employer stating she has to update the status immediately .

2. Email communications stating customer is looking for her to join ASAP

3. Offer letter

4. Employment agreement

5. Medical documents of parents treatment and expenses

Won’t this be suffice ?

The proofs are fine but USCIS does not really approve the expedite requests based on the reason that you may lose job.

If they do, every EAD application will have an expedite request sent to USCIS.

Hi Anil.

Thank you for your response.

We got below three status updates on the case .

1. On April 12, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXX, was completed.

2. On April 12, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXX,

3. On April 12, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXX,

4. On April 9, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxx, was assigned to an officer for response.

We received an email from USCIS on April 012 that " Upon receipt of your request for expeditious handling, your case was reviewed and a determination was made that we need additional information to make a decision regarding your request. Please scan and e-mail documents supporting your expedite request to @uscis.dhs.gov

NOTE: Please include the receipt number and ATTN: xxxx in the subject line of your e-mail.
***The information must be received within 48 hours of the date of this notice. A decision in regards to expediting your request cannot be made until this documentation is received. Any documents submitted, in a foreign language, must be accompanied by a full English translatio–***"

We responded back with the evidence to the mentioned email address on the same day . we dint get any response back till date.

I’m very much confused because , the case says completed on 12th .

Can I expect any positive response ?

Thanks and Regards,
MS

The status completion date is only for the service request.

The real decision will be taken by the case officer as to expediting or not can be approved.
You should wait to hear from the email that you sent your documents to.

Thank you Anil , today we received an email stating that they accept the request , but it says 45 days for decision . Anil based on your experience what will be the real time line we can expect here .

Can you share the complete details or text of the USCIS message. I really don’t understand what they accepted by your message.

Hi Anil

We raised an expedited request under financial loss category . A week back we got an email requesting for evidence , Provided evidence such as letter from the employer and other documents . Today we received below email .

“We***have received the requested evidence. The documentation submitted meets the requirements for expedited processing of your application. You should receive a decision or notice of further action within 45 days”***

Kind note :

This request is for L2EAD I765 extn

L1A extension approved Month back

L2 - Pending approval

L2 EAD - Pending Approval

“

ok…this does seem like USCIS officer has approved your EAD expedite request.

Normally, people receive the approval within 1-10 days after expedite request approval.
Congratulations.

Hi Anil

Again need your help and advice as we are worried based on below response from congressmen office this morning .

Yesterday we got an update based on the call center service request that the case (i765) had been approved for expedition request . Today congressman mail states that i539 has to be approved prior to i765 Approval .

Now what will happen to our i765 expedition request . (I129 Approved : I539 pending approval ; I765 expedition request approved )

Mail from Congressman:

“*Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, Xxxx regarding Forms I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status and Application for Employment Authorization. *

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that your constituent’s cases are pending at the Texas Service Center (TSC). The current estimated processing time for I-539 at TSC is 3.5 – 5.5 months from the date of receipt. Processing time for I-765 applications based on an I-539 is 1.5 to 5 months.

However, the I-539 application has to be approved before the I-765 application can be approved.

Please note that estimated processing times are processing goals and not a guarantee that these applications will be processed within the estimated timeframe. ”

*Kindly advice Anil *

Well, this means that you need to first wait for i539 approval. This can take its own time and the EAD expedite request is probably wasted here.

I feel sorry for you.

Thank you Anil . Just spoke to Tier 2 officer understood that , if L1A i129 is approved then both decisions are independent . Hence she said that I can expect response on the expedited request in less than 45 days

Thank you Anil will keep you posted

1 Like

Hi Madisudhan,

We recently requested for an expedite. USCIS asked us to send additional documentation. Can you do me me favor and forward me the structure of the letters you used . Help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

-Vishnu

Kindly post here , I will share my experience

Thanks! Sent over an email.