J1 exchange visitor - legal status proof for passport renewal

(Anonymous) #1

Hi, silly question.

Was just wondering if someone could help on the weekend!

I am a J1 exchange visitor here, passport runs out before program does and am attempting to renew online.

While trying to complete the online passport submission the only options for proof of legal status in USA are : green card/EAD/I797/I20/Valid Dependent Visa.

Since our program functions no DS2019 and J visa, we are permitted to work as long as the DS remains active even if our visa is expired (which is my case).

Would you know what to enter here?

US Legal Status proof for Indian passport - Document list
(Anil Gupta) #2

You should choose ‘EAD’ and then write your DS number.