Is the qualification or experience assessed for spouse to claim the additional 5 points?

(Shabana Noreen ) #1

Hi,

I am the primary applicant and my husband is the secondary applicant. I have a question regarding my husband’s assessment required to claim the additional 5 spouse points. He has completed B. COM (bachelor of commerce) from University of Punjab. Unfortunately, this degree is not recognized as equivalent to Australian bachelors. But he has more than 15 years of work experience in Accounts/Finance and tax. My question is do we need to get his qualification and work experience assessed?

Second question is on the IELTS requirement. I will be applying as an External Auditor and needed IELTS Academic with 7 in each category. As he is the secondary applicant (Finance Manager/ Tax Accountant), will he also need to score 7 in IELTS academic?

(Anil Gupta) #2

To get Spouse skills 5 points added to your SkillSelect Expression of Interest, all of these conditions should be met for your SPOUSE:

1. Age should be less than 45 years.
  2. English Test Score should be at-least the ‘Competent‘ – basic score.
  3. Job Occupation code should be in the same occupation list as primary applicant list.
    The assessment is required for spouse if you want to claim points.
(Shabana Noreen ) #3

Thank you Anil for the prompt response.

So competent means 6 in each category which is good.

But what about the assessment - will he need a full skill assessment - meaning education and work experience?

(Anil Gupta) #4

Yes, full assessment is required for Spouse.