Is F1 to H1B visa stamping allowed in Tijuana, Mexico?

I am an Indian citizen, currently residing and working in the US on my F1 visa (STEM OPT). I have an approval notice for my H1B application i-797 B Notice of Action.

I wish to know if I can apply for my visa at the consulate in Tijuana or any other consulate in Mexico. This would be my first time applying / stamping for an H1B visa

Visa Class change Stamping not allowed in Mexico

F1/F2/L2 to first time H1B stamping is not possible in Mexico (as both(F/L) & H comes under different Visa class.
Change of Visa class stamping is not possible in Mexico)

H4 to H1B stamping allowed in Mexico

H4 to first time H1B stamping is possible in Mexico (as both H4 and H1B comes under same H Visa class).

If you had expired or valid H4 visa and you moved to H1B, then you can come to first time H1B stamping

H1B to H4 Visa stamping allowed in Mexico

Similarly, H1B to H4 change of status visa stamping is allowed in Mexico.

Hi @Anil_Gupta,
My name is Kamble, I am currently on H4 EAD and my visa will expire in October 2020. I applied for a master’s degree and got an admission in a university.

I am applying for a change of status from H4 to F1 i.e. by Crossing the border and get stamping.

I Have a few questions:

1. Do Change of status from H4 to F1 is allowed in Mexico or Canada? If yes, Can I visit Mexico or Canada for stamping, which one is better? Or Do I have to go to India?

2. What are the difficulties of crossing the border and get stamping?

-kamble

Change of visa category stamping is not allowed in Mexico.