Is Aadhar card mandatory for Australia PR as Indian identity document?

one more question
for my wife in Aadhar Card the last name is different and that is the only document she has with different last name.

1. Do you suggest we can upload that in Identification docs for India
  2. or upload passport or PAN card.
  3. or dont provide any doc for India Identification. (as i guess this optional field, not sure though)

Identity card is mandatory!

Do upload aadhar card if you have it. Last name is okay.

okay Thanks.
I was concerned if they ask for other docs to proof this last name change.

You will need to submit Marriage certificate anyway to prove last name change.

yeah this is what
we actually dont want last name changes. Only this document we prepared that time but everything else including recent new passport is still with old name (and we want to continue with old name)

I am not clear what you want to do.
You got Aadhar after marriage and changed last name on it intentionally as your wife wanted a name change?

After marriage we prepared Aadhar Card with name changed,
but later we thought lets continue with old name as we dint want to update in all other docs.
Therefore recent all documents including US visa, passport, US DL everywhere its old name.
may be in future will try to change the aadhar card with old name.

You can change Aadhar as and when you want.
I don’t think there will be any issue even if you upload it with changed name.

Aadhar is mandatory though as it is national identity document for India.

1 Like

follow up question

in Aadhar card the
date of issue : is it the one on left edge as below
and date of expiry – leave blank

for SSN
date of issue : signature date as below
and date of expiry – leave blank
?

Yes, both are correct.

now i am confused we dont want them to put last name as per aadhar card

some how I am thinking if we dont provide the Aadhar card details in national identification then hopefully we will not have to provide all this information( with unrequired last name)

Your choice. Go ahead.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is EOI suspended after paying 189 fees and lodging?

Hi Anil,

I have been in the US for the past 7 years and never applied for the Aadhaar card. Is this going to be an impediment for our 189 Application? What are our options here?

Regards,
Ankita

It is better that you apply for aadhar card now if you are just starting your Australia PR process.

Thanks Anil. We are preparing our 189 Application (we got an invite earlier this week). My husband is the primary applicant and he has his aadhaar card. I’m not eligible to enroll for it now since I need to spend ~180 days or more in twelve months immediately preceding the date of application to enroll for aadhaar.

Have we hit a major roadblock? What are my options here?

Regards,
Ankita

You can use other Indian National Identity document if you can’t get Aadhar.

Did u anyone applied PCC from Australia, it’s mandatory for Aadhaar ?