Indian PCC Personal particulars form - Present and permanent address with police station?

Hi Anil,

How do i go about the Personal particulars form in SFO embassy?
I am very confused about section 8), 9) and 10)

Can you help here ?

anyone else has done it recently through sf consulate ? I tried to call them regarding details but no one is responding.

Personal Particular Form for Indian PCC - Address and Police Station information

Use the following values:

8(a) Permanent Address & Tel. No.along with Police Station

8(a) = Your Indian Address with the Police Station name that caters to your Home Address location when you were residing there.

8(b) Present Residential Address & Tel. No, along with Police Station and residing since

8(b) = You can either give your Parent’s Indian sddress/or your same 8(a) address.

9 If you have not been resident at the address given at COLUMN 8(b) continuously for the last one year, please furnish other address(es) with duration(s) resided (Please furnish an additional set of P P Forms for each address with Police station.

1. Write your US address

10 References: Names and Addresses of two responsible persons in the applicant’s locality who can vouch for the applicant

1. Write any two neighbors/relative address from India residing near your Indian address you wrote in point 8(A).

Does that help?

Thanks Anil. Thank you for clearing the confusion on 8)
However, for 9) I have 2 doubts.

1. I have been living in US for about 10 years now. Do i have to fill all the addresses with additional PP forms ? It says “Please furnish an additional set of P P Forms for each address with Police station”

2. Do I have to supply the police station information. I have many police station near me. Do we give the address or just the name (for e.g. San diego police department) ?

Appreciate your help…!!!

1. No. You do not need to furnish additional PP forms.

Embassy is only concerned with Indian addresses and their police stations. Remember, this PCC is only for your stay in India and not for US.

2. US police station information is NOT required.

Whatever Police station was attached to your locality in your Indian residence time is what is needed.

By the way, if you are living in US for 10 years, why do you need an Indian PCC?

For most of the immigration, only last 10 years of PCC is required.
If you are in US for last 10 years, then you would need FBI Clearance only.

Hi Anil,

I should have said almost 10 years, few months still remaining on that.
Anyways, my wife would need it anyway. Thank you very very much for clarifying this.

Cheers

Great. You are welcome.

Hi Anil,

I recently changed my US address, what additional documents do I need to provide to answer field 9 in PP form?

Thanks,
Stan

Hi @stan

There are no additional documents required apart from address proof.

Hello @Anil_Gupta! A quick question on references (field 10). I was planning on mentioning my parents names but they are out of the country at the moment. Will that affect the processing times for the PCC? Would you say that it is advisable to submit the PCC application(including the Personal particulars form) after they have returned to India? Thanks for your help!

Hi @billy_the_kid

I suggest to use neighbor name and not parents.

Thanks for the response! The issue with mentioning our neighbors names is that my family and our neighbors don’t really know each other well, so I don’t think it would help mentioning their names. It’s probably best to just mention my parents names and submit the PCC after they return to India. Would you agree?

Also, could I mention a family friend who is not a neighbor but who lives like 5-10 minutes away from my residence? Thanks again!

Hi @billy_the_kid

The names are mentioned so that the police officer who visits your home address can talk to them and verify your address and identity, in case police verification is required.

Rest is your choice.

Hello Anil,

I have moved to a new apartment in the United States two days ago.

My question:
In 8a I will give my indian address where my parents is living for the past 30 odd years.
in 8b Do I give my US address or India Address again.?

Case 1:
In 8b if I give my indian Address for 9 do I need to provide details for all the details for my past one year of american addresses.?

Case 2:
In 8b If I give my American current address{two days old} for 9 do I need to provide details for all the details for my past one year of american addresses.?

I am confused please help me out.

Thank you.

I think i have pretty clearly given the answers above:

Can you read it again?

Hi Anil,

Apologies for that I wanted to confirm once. Also in the online form I have given the Present address as my current US address. Will this be an issue if there is a different address in the online form and a different one in the physical form.?

Why are you changing your answer? Why don’t you keep it same as what you filled online and on paper?

The answer in the online form is accurate since they didnt have the contingency of whether I have lived there for an year. The physical form however is asking for the address where I lived for the past 12 months. I was confused after reading your post of what is the correct way to fill the form.

I suggest to keep the answer same at both places.

Hi

I’m filling the personal particular form for India from Melbourne I have only given 1 indian reference and one Australian references as I have filled 2 separate forms 1 is Indian address and the other in Melbourne. Have I done it right?
Also I’m sending the application for pcc via post. So do I paste my pictures and sign them? And do I have to cross sign on the photo, starting outside the photo and finishing on the photo. Is that correct?

Thank you in advance

You should follow the instructions mentioned by VFS global for Australia. They handle Indian PCC in Australia.